To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Gettysburg, PA 17325
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
GNA Geriatric Nursing Assistant - Senior Living
Ascension Living • Gettysburg, PA
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
It’s part of our larger vision to provide high-quality, compassionate, personalized care with dignity, especially to those in our communities who are most in need. This guiding vision is the cornerstone of who we are as a company: national, nonprofit and senior-focused.
The Geriatric Nursing Assistant (GNA) will provide patient/resident care as required under the direct supervision of the licensed nurse. The Geriatric Nursing Assistant completes assigned tasks to ensure timely, efficient and safe patient/resident care. Communication and interactions with patients, residents, families and other health team members is an essential component of this position.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs initial and ongoing data collection on all patients/residents under the direction of the Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Implements plan of care developed by the Registered Nurse based on patient/resident physical, psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs.
- Provides direct patient/resident care and reports condition and changes to RN or LPN.
- Documents results of patient/resident care within established policies, procedures and scope of practice.
- Complies with all ministry policies and procedures.
- Other duties: Completes all other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- GED or a High School Diploma is preferred.
- Previous hospital or long term care experience preferred.
- Ability to work with EHR/EMR
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified Nurse Aide (or be an NATII) in the state in which employed.
- CPR certified preferred.