Since 1925, Federated Funeral Directors of America (FFDA) has been providing a variety of business services to funeral homes. FFDA supports more than 1300 clients. In size, the clients range from small rural operations to large volume firms conducting more than 1000 funerals annually.
FFDA became a part of the Fiducial family in late 2011. Fiducial, founded in France in 1970, is a major provider of financial services (Business Counseling, Bookkeeping, Payroll and Tax Preparation & Advisory Services) to small businesses and their owners. As a trusted advisor to entrepreneurs, Fiducial provides the financial back office infrastructure to clients, allowing them to focus on what they do best: serve their customers.
Federated Fiducial is looking for a Tax Accountant for their Springfield, IL office. This position reports directly to the Tax Manager .
The Tax Accountant is responsible for the preparation of individual and corporate tax returns, tax research, tax analysis and special projects as assigned. The person in this role will prepare and review individual, partnership, or corporate tax returns, identify and correct errors and ensure returns are technically correct, provide assistance to clients in responding to questions regarding tax returns, analyze, interpret, and implement complex areas of tax law dealing with difficult and complex transactions.
Desired Skills/ Experience/Attributes
- 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven track record of solving practical problems
- Proven ability to handle a high-volume workload at a high level of efficiency including monitoring production; answering technical processing and accounting questions; and client reporting.
- 2+ years proven experience in writing and maintaining complex reporting
- High proficiency with accounting and office software applications
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Has an exceptional ability to work with peers, staff and senior management collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Is customer-centric and provides clients with a superior level of customer service
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills
- Has exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Is a strong individual contributor
- Possesses a high level of integrity and respects quality assurance requirements
- Is committed to fostering and maintaining a service culture
Education, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other business-related field preferred
- Active professional license/certification (CPA or EA) preferred or in progress