Welcome to your future….We’ve been waiting for you!
Career Opportunity with Circle K.
Want to have FUN and get PAID? If so, come join our enthusiastic, results oriented team. We truly believe that by providing fast and friendly customer service we will become the world's preferred destination for convenience and fuel!
We are accepting applications/resumes for Store Manager positions
in Chattanooga, TN.
It is Circle K’s intention to provide enough information to all applicants and employees regarding the actual job duties (both mental and physical) of each position so individuals can decide if they are qualified to adequately perform such tasks. Due to the vast number of duties that may be assigned to each position, the following list is the Company’s attempt to summarize the kinds of tasks it c o n s i d e r s “essential' for those holding this position.
- Experience in retail sales preferred
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Reliable transportation to and from the store
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in English
- Supervise, train and perform all duties and use of equipment of the CSR, Lead CSR, and Store Assistant positions
- Circle K stores operate 24/7. For that reason, its store managers may be required to work non-traditional shifts and /or schedules based upon business needs. Work schedules may vary as to the days of the week and /or hours of the day.
S U P E R V I S I O N
- Recruit, interview, select, retain and train positive, enthusiastic employees, ensuring excellent customer service
Develop, manage and assign tasks appropriately to ensure the store is clean, adequately stocked, organized and well- maintained based on established Company standards
- Schedule periodic on-going communication meetings with all store employees and the Market Manager regarding safety, employment issues, policies, enhanced sales, etc.
- Schedule employees within Company guidelines to maximize customer service, sales and maintain store image
- Prepare on-going and timely performance appraisals in writing for all employees, providing proper performance based feedback
- Develop and coach employees to encourage promotional opportunities
- Ensure a safe workplace, train and ensure compliance on safety procedures and promote safety awareness
- Monitor workplace environment to assure legal and/or regulatory compliance
- Follow and ensure compliance with Company loss prevention and safety procedures (such as the Company’s
- Five-Minute Incident Notification Rule, wearing of protective gear for safety purposes, etc.)
- Assure store cleanliness by conducting store walks and following up with employees to address concerns
- Analyze daily sales and expense information and take appropriate action to maximize sales and net profits
- Budget and forecast Profit & Loss lines and understand and manage merchandise margins
- Safeguard and account for all money received and disbursed
- Perform all other financial analysis necessary to maximize sales and net profits
PHYSICAL ABILITY – THE EMPLOYEE MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO
- Accurately complete daily paperwork, be knowledgeable about fuel pricing strategies for the store and change fuel prices correctly, receive and verify vendor deliveries, create and change work schedules as needed, etc.
- Monitor sales on cash registers t o ensure correct sales transactions, handling of money and checks, and other types of payments received are properly and accurately recorded
- Be exposed occasionally to cold or hot temperature extremes in the walk-in cooler, freezer and/or outdoors
- Bend at waist with some twisting, standing, stooping and/or walking for an entire shift
- Grasp, reach and manipulate objects with hands continuously throughout the day. (This requires eye -hand coordination, and may occasionally require climbing a ladder to store/retrieve materials or place/remove signs)
- Occasionally lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds from ground to waist (to replenish fountain syrups, ice, etc. when necessary)
OPERATION OF EQUIPMENT
Efficiently perform multi-function operations of all store equipment (fuel pumps, measure fuel tank levels, etc.)
Maintain property and equipment to ensure customers have a safe shopping experience and to avoid the loss of sales
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK PERFORMED BY THOSE ASSIGNED TO THIS JOB. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF THE POSITION. NOTE: This Job Description may change periodically as required by business necessity, with or without advance notice to employees.
- Quarterly bonus plan
- Competitive salary
- Insurance options
- Savings plan
- Paid vacations
- Opportunity for advancement
Ensure Financial Integrity