You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Property Accountant
Our Houston Commercial Property Development / Management client in Houston is looking for a Senior Commercial Property Accountant to join their growing and dynamic team. This role will be very attractive to a candidate that is looking for a well-established company and be the key component in the accounting team. This is an excellent opportunity for a Sr. Property Accountant who will prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements. Individuals must have experience with CAM’s & Escalations.
- This individual will be responsible for monthly closings and preparation of financial statements for commercial properties
- Prepare CAM’s & Escalations, and general ledger maintenance.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts, creates journal entries, and performs month-end close duties.
- Reviews and analyzes general ledger accounts and profit and loss statement to prepare required accruals or reclassification's.
- Journal entries and reconciliations
- Annual budget preparation
- Reconciles general ledger information to the accounts receivable and accounts payable processes by reconciling accounts to client and vendor billings.
Qualified candidates will have:
- B.S. in Accounting, Finance or similar degree
- 4+ years of related staff accounting experience within Retail real estate Management & Development
- Must have experience with CAM’s & Escalations
- Property Accountants with Knowledge of Yardi, MRI, OneSite, or Timberline software is highly preferred.
The company offers very competitive salary, generous annual bonus potential and benefits package. There is a lot of opportunity within this company to gain new responsibilities and work in an environment that encourages their employees. Compensation for this position can reach up to $100k + bonus for the ideal individual. If this is an opportunity that you are interested in and you have the appropriate background, please e-mail your resume to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Senior Property Accountant Our client is only looking at people who live within commuting distance to the Houston inner loop geographic area.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet/bank reconciliations
- Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations for assigned general ledger accounts
- Perform monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Review monthly/quarterly financial statements
- Prepare monthly bank and cash reconciliations
- Perform monthly journal entries and account reconciliations for all accounts
- Posting of monthly general journal entries
- Prepare monthly journal entries and accruals for assigned properties
- Perform quarterly balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare annual property tax statements
- Prepare all closing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Perform general ledger account analysis and prepare journal entries
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Record monthly asset/property management fee
- Perform journal entries and account reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Analyze general ledger balances and prepare journal entries
- Prepare routine general ledger accounting and recurring journal entries
- Prepare other monthly account reconciliations
- Attend monthly and quarterly property financial meetings
- Perform or review bank reconciliations
- Financial Statements
- General Ledger
- Journal Entries
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: BT020223
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.