Location: Manchester Iowa area
$68,000 - $75,000 / year + full benefits package
A local Northeast Iowa based manufacture is seeking an Design Engineer who will provide leadership to a team responsible for designing mechanical products and systems resulting in a product that meets the needs and expectation of the customer..
What you get to do:
● Plans and completes engineering projects by studying customer requirements, market demand, and competitors’ products; scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
● Evaluates mechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, hydraulics and materials.
● Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; testing properties.
● Develops mechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials, soliciting observations from operators.
● Develops manufacturing processes, focusing on cost reduction and process improvement by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling and installing components.
● Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly and installation process.
● Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
● Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
● Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
● Maintains system and product database by writing computer programs and entering data.
● Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.