To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
7102 Commerce Drive
Schofield, WI 54476
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Credit and Collections Associate
Wausau Supply Company • Schofield, WI
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Summary: The Credit and Collections Associate (CCA) will be responsible for oversight of all credit and collection activities. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Credit and Collections Associate will be involved in and work closely with the senior leadership team.
The CCA will lead all day-to-day credit and collection functions as well as work closely with WSC employees, but also to explore how the credit function can support ongoing operations. In addition, the CCA will be responsible for the company’s overall credit and collections, evaluation of customer financial credit risk, assessing credit history, and extension of credit lines will be expected. This position also works with sales to design and implement various processes to improve cash flow and reduce receivables to established benchmarks.
The Credit and Collection Associate will partner with the Director of Finance, CFO, Sales and Customer Service to demonstrate support and enhance credit and collection functions.
Duties to include:
· Responsible for collection of past due customer invoices and routinely report collection status to senior management
· Conduct pre-sale credit risk evaluations and use sound judgment in recommending credit lines and determine whether holding or releasing shipments in relation to outstanding accounts is justifiable
· Ability to work closely with sales operations to ensure credit and collection guidelines are adhered to and quickly resolve issues
· Continually assess team and processes. Design and implement process improvements to improve cash flow and minimize outstanding receivables to include system enhancements and implementation
· Interpret customer financial information and Cortera credit reports to determine credit worthiness, advising them of payment terms and credit limits. Periodically review and adjust credit limits as needed
· Negotiate with customers to arrange payment plans or to provide additionally required documentation in order to facilitate payment of outstanding receivables. Evaluate accounts on an ongoing basis to determine subsequent actions up to and including referral of account to an outside collections agency
· Train staff on the best practices, policies and procedures in Credit and Collections
· Preparation and set up new customers including gathering trade and bank references and all relevant tax exemption forms
· Processing of customer payments via credit card and ACH methods
Leader with two to five years in credit and collections with experience establishing credit limits, working with customers on collection issues and developing companywide credit and collection procedures.
· Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to WSC’s mission
· Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of collections, credit, accounting and financial principles
· Possess solid collections, account analysis, and negotiation skills
· Experience in assessing portfolio/customer risk and establishing appropriate credit limits
· Strong process capabilities; ability to apply innovative approaches toward minimizing bad debt exposure and DSO reduction
· Ability to work effectively in a cross functional team; demonstrated ability to partner with other departments to enable growth while managing overall receivables exposure
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Hands-on work with spreadsheets and model setups are required with this role.
Education / Experience:
· Accounting or Finance background preferred
· Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Access proficiency required
· Experience in manufacturing and distributing building products preferred
Reports to: Director of Finance
Conclusion: A WSC Credit and Collections Associate will exemplify the high standards that have come to be associated with WSC. As an employee cutting across all departments and levels of the organization, the Credit and Collection Associate will demonstrate communication excellence, politeness, honor, integrity and the willingness to do what our competition will not. The maintenance and growth of WSC is every employee’s primary objective.