The Packaging Operator is responsible for operation and control of manufacturing/ packaging/ inspection machinery. (1st, 2nd & 3rd Shifts available.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and operate packaging machines to ensure accurate code dates and weights using touch screen computers.
- Ensure that each bag is properly coded, dated and sealed with a minimum amount of wasted product and supplies.
- Report food safety and quality issues to Plant management and SQFP
- Follow PIM Brands GMP rules
- Monitor fellow employees for adherence to GMP’s.
- Keeps machines and area clean and safe.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance on packaging machines and assist in troubleshooting of any issues.
- Assist mechanics during changeovers from one product to another.
- Responsible for inspection of, laser printers, metal detectors, conveyors and scales prior to line start-up and during manufacturing and changeovers.
- Ability to work additional hours if needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling and crouching. Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools and controls. Lifting and moving of objects weighing at least 35 lbs. Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and considered to enable an individual to perform the essential job functions.
Job will generally be performed in the manufacturing plant. When on the plant floor it is representative of a large, busy manufacturing operation. Noisy, active, objects on the floor, constant movement and traffic flow of motorized equipment. Hair net, beard net, assigned work uniform, protective eye wear and gloves are among the GMP required apparel that must be worn, if indicated, on the plant floor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- High School education or equivalent is strongly preferred.
- Basic math and computer skills are required.
- Willing to be trained.
- Ability to read, speak, and write English is required.
- Must have at least 1 year of packaging machine operator experience in a high-speed manufacturing environment.
Please apply to this position by clicking on the following link: https://bit.ly/2Di50Lv
Job Type: Full-time