TITLE: Assistant Salesman
CLASSIFICATION: Incentive, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Sales Manager
Purpose of position: To provide sales assistance and relief while maximizing and promoting sales of supplier brands to accounts through effective account management, sales execution, and communication, while promoting exceptional customer service.
Essential Functions: (must be able to perform these functions, with or without a reasonable accommodation).
● Highly self motivated and results orientated with the ability to set priorities, coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously, and be attentive to details
● Strong selling and negotiation skills
● Proficient in Office (word, excel, power point)
● Ability and willingness to work flexible and long hours
● Strong customer service skills and the ability to work in a team environment
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Able to understand and read invoices, load sheets, job orders installation an set up instructions
● Ability to calculate simple math functions
● Ability to move products weighing up to 165 lbs. as well as hang merchandise
● Ability to climb ladders
● Ability of repetitive lifting (up to 50 lbs overhead), bending, stooping, kneeling, crawling, and twisting
● Pushing and pulling up to 340 pounds on a two-wheeler
Skills, knowledge and abilities: (these are required to enable job holder to perform the essential functions of the job).
● Responsible for regular call frequency on assigned retail accounts primarily to sell volume, increase distribution, merchandise, monitor price and shelf space management
● Build business relationships with and present professional sales presentations using sales histories.
● Responsible for maintaining published product freshness standards in assigned retail accounts by monitoring and rotating product
● Responsible for maintaining up to date mobility system
● Selling in of new placements
● Merchandising with P.O.S materials
● Increase shelf space and introduce new brands and packages
● Work with the Accounts Receivable department to resolve credit issues including collection of past due balances
● Responsible to daily decisions regarding retail inventory levels using past sales history, changes in climate, competition activity, and special promotional activities
● Attend sales and team meetings as directed by management along with daily interaction with managers to discuss sales issues
● Participate in evening and weekend promotions as necessary
● Responsible for any other tasks deemed necessary by District Manager, Sales Manager, and/or Sales Director.
Experience and Education Requirements: Must be 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license and safe driving record. One (1) year of selling or merchandising experience in the beverage industry or grocery retail, preferred.
Working Conditions: Moderate physical exertion, exposure to inclement weather, and exposure to fumes and noise from vehicle.
I understand that, except for employment at-will status, any and all policies and practices may be changed at any time by Donaghy Sales, and the company reserves the right to change my hours, wages and working conditions at any time. I have read, understand, and received a copy this job description.
Applicant’s Signature: ___________________________ Date:_________________________
Manager’s Signature: ____________________________ Date:________________________