Whippany Actuation Systems is a dynamic aerospace company that designs and manufactures electromechanical actuators and control electronics for commercial and military applications. Recognized as experts in our industry for over 70 years, we have been part of the TransDigm Group since 2013. We are a fully integrated manufacturing company which takes responsibility for the success of our business and acts quickly to implement new ideas and projects to ensure company growth.
We are looking for a motivated Electrical Engineer to grow their skills and career with one of our active Aerospace Business Unit Teams. These teams are the engines that drive Whippany’s growth. You will be responsible for creating design solutions (digital and analog electrical design for control electronics of aerospace actuation) on cutting edge programs as well as supporting both our production and aftermarket.
In this role, you would typically:
· Derive the design definition including customer specification review, technical requirements development and tracking, and reviews verification and validation testing plans.
· Create original design block diagrams, allocate customer requirements to electrical components, design analog and digital electrical circuits, design schematics, select electrical components, oversee prototype hardware build, evaluate design capability, perform circuit analysis, analyze designs for failure modes, and support qualification testing.
· Serve as a member of cross-functional teams to support Program Management, Operations, Certification, Business Development and other departments to manager program requirements.
· Support customer or supplier visits domestics or international for business development, new application discussions, and product support with the ability to travel up to 10%.
· Ensure projects are completed within schedule and budget expectations.
· Write technical documentation and proposals in response to customer inquiries.
· Define electrical engineering designs for manufacturability, functionality, reliability, requirement compliance, ease-of-assembly and cost reduction targets.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, from an accredited university or college.
· Minimum 5 years engineering experience working in a high technology manufacturing environment.
· You to be a “US Person” as defined by the US Government and able to work without restriction with ITAR controlled technology and data.
We would really like to see:
· An advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
· Experience with aerospace grade electronic circuit card design, and designing and troubleshooting electro-mechanical assemblies and components
· Knowledge of military and aerospace specifications
· Familiarity with DOORS requirement management software
· Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
· A dynamic self-starter with a strong sense of urgency in handling assignments
For more information and to apply, please visit our website @ www.whipactsys.com/careers
Whippany Actuation Systems is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Individuals who have a disability and would like to request an accommodation with regard to the application and selection process (i.e. the online application or interviews) or have questions regarding our website accessibility, may call 973-560-6662.
Automatic Call Distributor
Link Aggregation (Ethernet)