Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
Come join the largest public hospital system in the nation! Every day, we work together to make an extraordinary difference in the health and well-being of each individual we serve – without exception. Join our team and help us create a positive human experience.
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city’s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
New York City Health and Hospitals (NYCH+H) is the nation’s largest municipal IDN. NYCH+H’s centralized Office of Supply Chain Services is seeking seasoned leaders to assist in its transformation and help the system reduce its overall spend and streamline operational processes. In order to serve millions of New Yorkers each year, many of them uninsured, it’s essential to have world-class leaders who can manage the scope and systems of NYCH+H’s supply chain.
Reporting to the Senior Assistant Vice President of Strategic Sourcing, the Director/ Procurement Systems will provide leadership and hands on support for contract management, cost reduction initiatives, analytics, capital procurement, vendor management, negotiation, and reporting. The above responsibilities will be focused in the perioperative, procedural, and medical surgical care areas.
The candidate must have a knowledge of the products and operational processes of the perioperative, procedural, and medical surgical care areas. This candidate will also have a knowledge of Medical Surgical distribution and inventory practices.
The Director/ Procurement Systems must be able to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously meeting timelines and ensuring value for the system. The position requires a candidate with excellent written, verbal, and analytic skills.
1. A Baccalaureate Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management or other related discipline from an accredited college or university; and,
2. Six years of satisfactory, full-time paid responsible experience in information processing, program management, systems development or related activity in a large governmental agency, hospital or health care facility, or hospital-related business firm, three years of which shall have been in a managerial capacity; or,
3. A Master's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or other related discipline, and five years experience as outlined above, one of which must have been in a managerial capacity; or,
4. A satisfactory equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates that have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree, advanced degree highly preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in supporting a healthcare facility with a focus on sourcing/procurement/logistics.
- Knowledge of Physician Preference Items (Cardiac Cath, CRM, CMF, Orthopedics)
- Knowledge of healthcare supply chain management principles and concepts in procurement, receiving, distribution, replenishment, and equipment management.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, cost analysis, standard costing, statistical control and other strategies in costs management and process improvement.
- Technical skills in MS Office suite, EMR, ERP and current healthcare supply chain information systems.
Supply Chain Management
Medical Surgical Nursing