Douglas Autotech is looking for energetic, hard-working candidates to work in a climate-controlled environment. These valued candidates must be available to work on first and second shift. Douglas Autotech is very family-oriented, and strives to recognize its employees for their hard work. Douglas Autotech offers great benefits, performance and attendance bonuses, and paid-time-off (PTO).
PURPOSE AND DUTIES:
- To efficiently operate plant equipment, material handling equipment, and inspection equipment used in the quality manufacture of automobile directional control system components.
- Associates have the authority to stop the production process for quality concerns and safety issues.
- Associates have the authority to initiate a Non-conformance report for daily line rejects (scrap / tear down recording).
- Associates have the authority to document and disposition non-conforming material with an existing
- scrap or rework code.
- Operate production equipment as assigned by Team Leader.
- Perform quality checks as required in the product process.
- Perform preventative maintenance as required.
- Perform pre-operation checks on machines and equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Observe and follow all safety and security procedures.
- Offer feedback and input for safety, quality, and process improvements.
- Present / conduct self in a professional manner (treating your team mates with dignity and respect).
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Team Leader.
- Ability to explain problems with machine/processes and take part in the corrective action of the issue.
- Track and maintain daily Morning Market data/results.
- Production efficiency.
- Quality of work performed.
- Attendance record.
- Ability to work with others (teamwork).
- Safety record.
- Housekeeping (5S).
- Internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Training record (OJT and Training Center). Ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Ability to identify issues and suggest improvement.
Douglas Autotech offers many exciting benefits:
- Short-Term Disability and Basic Life Insurance paid by Company, at no cost to employee
- Company will pay up to 90% of insurance premiums
- Medical Insurance through Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan
- Paid-Time-Off (PTO)
- Paid Bereavement Leave and Jury Duty
- 401(k) eligibility after 90 days of employment
- Flex Spending Account (FSA) through WageWorks
Douglas Autotech Corporation is an EEO/AA/ADA/M/F/Veterans employer. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
- Requires High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Requires a TABE test of an average score of 8 or higher (may be taken at the local unemployment office, or Hopkinsville Community College).
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time; must be able to kneel, bend, and stoop.
- Must be able to lift up to 32lbs; occasional team lifting of up to 100lbs may be required.
- Prefer individuals with mechanical backgrounds or has mechanical abilities.
Process Improvements (Business)
Corrective And Preventive Actions