To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charleston, SC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Auto Body Technician
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC • Charleston, SC
Posted 7 days ago
Shape the future today.
The world is changing. The question is, what will be our contribution to the outcome? We have set the pace in the field of mobility from the very beginning, and we will continue to do so. At Mercedes-Benz Vans, interdisciplinary teams are developing the mobility of tomorrow. Our goal is to make mobility safer, simpler, and more sustainable for people across the globe. Put your pioneering spirit to good use: This is your opportunity to make a contribution that extends far beyond your job title.
At Mercedes-Benz Vans, we offer you the perfect environment for your professional and personal growth. Cutting-edge training and promising career opportunities will help you to foster and expand your professional skill set as well as your individual strengths. Think, try, and thrive with us in collaborative work environments that spark game-changing concepts.
File, grind, sand and smooth filled or repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools
- Pound out small dents with a hammer, pick hammer, or punch
- Metal Finishing : Straighten bent/Weld metal parts
Fit and weld replacement parts into place, using wrenches and welding equipment, and grind down welds to smooth them, using power grinders and other tools
Position dolly blocks against surfaces of dented areas and beat opposite surfaces to remove dents, using hammers, metal dolly’s, air dent pullers, slide hammer dent pullers, picks, etc.
Knowledge of metal finishing techniques: Examines and feels surface of metal to detect defects, such as dents, scratches, or breaks in metalPerform complex welding
Perform complex sheet metal fitting
- Conduct complex sheet metal working tasks on body parts and areas
Detect surface imperfections, align, adjust, level, and gap sheet metal panels
- Perform complete body re-working
- Carry out training measures
Participate in Continuous Improvement Plan
Assist in the organization of teamwork
- Set up and operate various manual and power punch presses, brakes, mallets, mandrels, and shears to perform a variety of sheet metal operations
- References engineering drawings and sketches to prepare, sequence, and produce sheet metal parts and assemblies
- Conduct sheet metal working tasks on body parts and areas and sheet metal fitting
- Execute tests and inspections to detect surface imperfections, align, adjust, level, and gap sheet metal panels
- Perform complete body re-working
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Required: 4+ years relevant experience; OR Relevant certificate + 3 years relevant experience; OR associates degree in Welding Technology or similar + 1 year relevant experience
- Preferred: 5+ years relevant experience; OR Relevant certificate + 4 years relevant experience; OR assoc. degree in Welding Technology or similar + 2 years relevant experience
Experience with sheet metal and automotive body repair and rework
Experience with Paintless dent repair is a plus
Experience in a manufacturing setting
Spot welding experience is a plus
- I-CAR training is a plus
We are all in for change. Are you too? Apply now.
If you have experience in the above and are interested in joining an outstanding company we welcome you to apply. The division Mercedes-Benz Vans is world renown for quality and innovative products.
EXCELLENT COMPENSATION & BENEFITS PLAN WITH 401k MATCHING
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC (“MBV”) is a plant in Ladson, South Carolina that produces Sprinter vans for the U.S. and Canadian market under the brands Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner. The midsize Mercedes-Benz Metris vans are also reassembled at this location.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC invested 500 million U.S. dollars in the construction of a new Sprinter production plant in addition to an expansion of the previous assembly operations. In September 2018, MBV officially opened its new plant, located next to existing operations in the North Charleston area. The MBV facility will provide up to 1,300 jobs by the end of the decade and is expected to create at least 600 additional jobs in the region through its suppliers.
More than 130,000 Sprinters have been assembled in North Charleston and delivered to destinations in the U.S. since 2006. The U.S. is now the second largest market for Sprinter vans, after Germany.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that appreciates and leverages the diversity of our team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation),age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or other disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Organization: Mercedes Benz Vans LLC
Primary Location: United States of America-South Carolina-Charleston
8501 Palmetto Commerce Pkwy (US29456C)
8501 Palmetto Commerce Pkwy