Our client is a large insurance company in downtown Sacramento who is in need of an Underwriting clerk to support the Underwriting department with data entry, mail processing and clerical tasks. Ideal candidates will have commercial insurance experience. Candidates must have high volume data entry experience with accuracy. This position is a 4-6 month contract opportunity.
· Handle customer/Department inquiries and service issues professionally.
· Enter insurance policy information into Access database and track activity.
· Open and distribute incoming department mail; process outgoing and return mail.
· Handle non-payment cancellations and non-member cancellations.
· Complete department specific reports or projects.
· Assist with department data entry as needed.
· Minimum of 1 year experience working in the insurance industry.
· High School diploma or GED required.
· Commercial Insurance experience preferred.
· Proficient computer skills and Microsoft Office knowledge.
· Strong attention to detail with high accuracy.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines and work independently.
Data Entry Positions
Excel Spreadsheet Creation
Data Processing Needs