Create a Job Alert.Enter your email below to save this search and receive job recommendations for similar positions.
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.
Will have 20% of supervisory responsibilities within the Accounting Department:
- Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions
- Plan, assign, and review the accounting department staff's work.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing UMH's accounts information
- Document financial transactions by entering UMH's accounts information.
- Recommend financial actions to the Controller by analyzing UMH's accounting options.
- Summarize current UMH financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit, and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing UMH documents.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures to the Controller.
- Reconcile UMH's financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing database backups into UMH's Accounting drive.
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile transactions.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results to the Controller.
- Provide technical support and advice to the Controller.
- Review and recommend to the Controller modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Prepare financial statements and present the budget to the Controller according to schedule.
- Conduct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Assist the Controller in developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Contribute to a strong customer relationship through positive interactions with all UMH customer personnel and internal stakeholders at UMH.
- Communicate with the Controller on work status and client issues that arise promptly.
- Reporting Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Reporting Research Results
- Planning and Organizing
- Scheduling and Monitoring
- Communication Skills
- Problem Analysis and Problem-Solving Skills
- Must have Advanced Excel skills
- Microsoft NAV experience (preferred)
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business-related field.
- Minimum 5 years of previous general ledger experience.
- Spend Time Sitting, Walking & Standing
Travel & Language
- No travel is set for this position.
Impact of Decisions
- Frequency of Decision Making
- Impact of Decisions on Co-workers or Company Results
Pace and Scheduling
- Time Pressure
United Material Handling, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. United Material Handling, Inc. is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and disrespectful or other unprofessional conduct based on sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sex stereotype, race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity, gender expression and transgender), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. It also prohibits discrimination, harassment, disrespectful or unprofessional conduct based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. In addition, the Company prohibits retaliation against individuals who raise complaints of discrimination or harassment or who participate in workplace investigations