Founded in 1993 with corporate offices in Columbia, Maryland, Costello Construction is a mid-size award winning commercial construction contractor primarily performing projects in Maryland, Virginia and DC. Some of our past projects recognized for their excellence in project performance and/or design include: The National Museum of Health & Medicine, the Silver Spring Civic Building at Veterans Plaza, the Rockville Police Station and the Silver Spring Library. Throughout our company history, our core principles have remained unchanged: client satisfaction is paramount.
We build only the highest quality projects safely and timely. We owe much of our consistent reputation for quality construction to our approach of performing so much of the work ourselves. We typically self perform about 30% of the work on our projects, including all site work and concrete work.
Our ability to self perform work combined with the benefit of owning a significant amount of heavy equipment and a large tools help reduce client costs and keeps our field crew in line with critical construction schedules.
With a hands-on management style, Costello Construction stays in control of every aspect of the building process from beginning to end.
Completing projects on time, every time, and within the allotted budget is simply our corporate standard, and our team sees to that personally.
About the Role:
Construction Project Manager to serve as the point person in charge of all aspects of selected commercial construction projects. This person is responsible for the overall management of a project from its inception to final acceptance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the entire project as a representative of the GC, and will be responsible for providing a high-quality and profitable project that meets the contract document
- Assist with negotiation and preparation of subcontracts, including developing scope of work;
- Procure and order all materials for self performed work. This includes performing independent take offs, where appropriate, for the self performed activities;
- Responsible for supporting the Senior Project Manager with overall project direction, progress and final close out;
- Communicate regularly with the owner, architect, engineers and subcontractors regarding project progress;
- Assist Superintendent to insure project is being executed in accordance with contract requirements and specifications;
- Review and process submittals;
- Maintain project budget, including schedule of values with cost breakdown;
- Review and approve purchase orders;
- Prepare and maintain project schedule, including the documentation of potential schedule delays, and submit requests for extension of time and/or additional costs as per Contract terms;
- Draft and distribute monthly job status reports;
- Process invoices, payments to subcontractors and payments from the owner;
- Negotiate and execute change orders and update master project budget and cost breakdown accordingly;
- Prepare, expedite and monitor logs for tracking shop drawings, contract documents, submittals, request for information, change orders, material delivery logs and other logs as determined necessary for running a successful project;
- Schedule and lead monthly progress meetings and distribute meeting minutes;
- Supervise Superintendent and Project Administration
- 5 years of Project Management experience on commercial construction projects
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- OSHA 10 training is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Taking Meeting Minutes