To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
7280 Northwest 87th Terrace
Kansas City, MO 64153
- Sharon Mesler
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Commercial Real Estate Loan Officer
Citizens Bank & Trust • Kansas City, MO
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SUMMARY: The Commercial Real Estate Loan Officer is responsible for the acquisition, retention and expansion of commercial real estate banking client and prospect relationships. The focus is on developing commercial real estate banking relationships and revenue growth through the generation of loans while managing all client relationships within your portfolio.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for interviewing loan applicants and collecting/analyzing financial and related data to determine the general creditworthiness of the prospect and the merits of the specific loan request by using income property/construction lending underwriting techniques, site analysis, title review, appraisal review, credit analysis, including global cash flow of borrower and guarantors.
- Responsible for establishing and negotiating, within limits, where necessary, the terms under which credit will be extended, including the costs, repayment method and schedule and collateral (appraisal) requirements.
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing information that reflects the current creditworthiness of customers and the current merits of existing loans. Information may be obtained by direct inspection of the applicant’s business and/or collateral (which includes ensuring property appraisals are obtained), review of interim financial reports and personal interview.
- Responsible for performing maintenance and constant analysis of assigned portfolio to insure that portfolio has not deteriorated, proper documentation is available, customer contact is maintained, loan repayment activities are monitored, review construction draw packages and take necessary action to collect from past due accounts.
- Responsible for developing new business by contacting prospects and customers. Also cross-sell bank services.
- Responsible for developing material for and make loan presentations to the Executive Committee where required.
- Participate in community affairs to increase the bank’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Serve as a Contact Officer for non-borrowing accounts and loan customers for matters relating to other bank services.
- Undertake special projects relating to departmental/bank needs as assigned.
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from accredited university and have completed extensive credit analyst training and have experience in commercial lending, real estate lending or commercial lending. Strong relationship management and business development experience is required. General knowledge of underwriting and construction lending techniques for income producing real estate and working knowledge of construction loan administration. Candidate must possess a thorough knowledge of bank products and services.
Candidate should demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, as well as excellent organizational skills. Must be a self-starter who has demonstrated initiative asking for business, developing relationships and is confident calling on centers of influence to maintain networks and relationships.
Citizens Bank & Trust is 5th largest bank headquartered in Kansas City and has 19 branches across Northern Missouri and Kansas. Founded in 1889, the Bank has a long history of serving Missouri’s rural communities. More recently, the Bank entered the Kansas City market and has become one of the premier providers of commercial lending, retail banking, and financial services in the area.