Delta Fire is a division of Western States Fire Protection. Delta Fire was formed in 1963 by fire protection engineers William A. Pickett and Nels C. Sparr. The duo wanted to build a professional organization they could be personally proud of. With that goal in mind, and their leadership and ability to attract good people, Delta Fire has grown to be one of the largest and most respected fire protection contractors in the intermountain area.
For years our main business focused on the design, installation and service of fire prevention and fire suppression services, but our alarm security and monitoring divisions are growing rapidly. Delta Fire currently employs more than 100 people, and we have experience in a variety of markets, including: commercial, residential, industrial, energy and power, mining, government and military.
We are headquartered in Salt Lake City, but have a total of six office locations to serve a huge part of the intermountain area, including the Salt Lake Valley and southern Utah, Reno and northwest Nevada, and southern Idaho.
Delta Fire was acquired by APi Group, Inc. in 2008 and since then it has been able to benefit from the synergy of more than 35 companies; including competitive manufacturer pricing, robust insurance and bonding, and extensive safety and leadership training and resources. We are an industry leader in the installation of pre-action, foam, deluge, ultra high speed and carbon dioxide systems.
Delta Fire is committed to customer satisfaction and cutting edge technology, and we work hard to service our customers’ systems safely and quickly. We have an incredible safety record, and also believe in using sustainable business practices to improve and protect our environment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
The Inspection Sales position is responsible for meeting a set sales quota while building successful alliances with End Users, Property Managers & Business Associations. Individual will develop customer relationships, providing and negotiating pricing for inspection contracts while working closely in a Team Environment with the Service Department to ensure customer satisfaction and inspection growth.
- Assist with the promotion of the requirement of fire sprinkler, fire alarm, special hazards and fire extinguisher inspections
- Keep abreast of marketing opportunities through sales calls, networking, and other market related information
- Lead customer presentations, “lunch and learns" and other relationship building meetings
- Obtain new leads for new customers as well as provide quotations for inspections to new and existing customers
- Expected to be involved in the pricing approach to Inspection and Service accounts
- Sales experience related to the fire protection field and/or building services and maintenance contracts is a plus
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) a must
- Willing to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJs (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the general public
- Business development and/or marketing background a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Possess a valid driver’s license; in accordance with Company policy
- Willing to pass post-offer drug screen, reference and background check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor