FrankCrum is seeking a Technical Support Specialist to support sales and client retention through excellent customer services by performing technical support functions and providing technical support to employees and clients.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors
1. Knowledge of computer hardware and software systems and programs to a broad extent.
2. Knowledge of company services and products.
3. Knowledge of customer service methods and procedures.
4. Skill to locate technology solutions and apply to application, business and system needs.
5. Skill to diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues.
6. Skill to use and compose clear, comprehensive, and accurate verbal and written communication and reports.
7. Skill to establish and maintain filing systems, format, proofread, edit documents, and perform calculations.
8. Skill to learn and use business applications quickly with proficiency.
9. Skill to be organized, give attention to detail, and exercise follow up.
10. Skill to research and analyze data and prepare recommendations.
11. Skill to effectively plan, organize, and prioritize work assignments to meet deadlines.
12. Ability to be effective when working independently or cooperatively as a team member.
13. Ability to consistently project a professional appearance and demeanor.
14. Ability to exercise professional judgment and initiative.
15. Ability to interface with multiple departments, multi-task and work independently.
16. Ability to listen carefully and respond to or refer customer requests and problems with diplomacy and a sense of urgency.
17. Ability to look for opportunities to apply new ideas, methods, designs, and technologies.
18. Ability to maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
19. Ability to maintain diplomatic customer/client relations.
20. Ability to process, interpret, and communicate complex information and data.
21. Ability to project an outgoing and service focused personality.
22. Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
23. Ability to use discretion in dealing with confidential matters and information.
24. Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
25. Ability to consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties of the position.
1. Receives telephone calls and e-mails from users and assists with their technical problems or questions.
2. Maintains help desk system data, recording requests from users, maintaining current status, performing follow up and escalation as needed. Contribute to the help desk system knowledge base to promote self-service.
3. Performs work on network equipment, appliances, desktop equipment, voice systems, desktop systems, peripherals and vendor services for the information technology department.
4. Resets accounts over the phone and through email.
5. Ascertains from computer user the nature of problem, determines whether problem is caused by hardware, such as modem, printer, cables, or telephone, formulates diagnosis, and assists users through problem solving steps.
6. Provides first level of support for Exchange 2010, including Outlook setup, troubleshooting and Mailbox creation.
7. Provides first level of support for digital and IP phone systems.
8. Performs Active Directory access administrator duties such as setup of new user accounts, password reset, and deleting terminated user accounts.
9. Works with co-workers to research problems and find solutions.
10. Consults with client and staff to implement and support remote check printing setup.
11. Documents system processes for hardware group when needed.
12. Provides training to FrankCrum employees on basic office applications such as word, EXCEL, Outlook and Power Point when necessary.
13. Researches and evaluates new products and attend training sessions and seminars to further knowledge.
14. Performs basic system administration work on various systems.
1. Associate’s degree or equivalent technical certifications desired.
2. Two (2) years of experience in areas such as Microsoft desktop Operating systems, Server operating systems, Office Products, local area networking, PC, laptops, portable devices, telephony products and various application suites.
3. Experience working with and administering Email Security platforms.
4. Experience troubleshooting and supporting antivirus/antimalware programs
FrankCrum provides comprehensive benefits from top carriers including:
- Health Insurance - free for employee-only level (SuperValue HMO plan)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance - premium paid by FrankCrum
- Long Term Disability and Term Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance Plans (accident, etc.)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan - FrankCrum matches 100% of the first 4%, immediate vesting
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical reimbursement and dependent care)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Cash Out of PTO hours - up to 40 hours annually
- Tuition Reimbursement, up to $5,000 annually
- Entertainment Discounts
- Pet Services Discount Plan
- Legal Services Plan
FrankCrum is an equal opportunity employer prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status and any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.
Attention To Detail