S ummary Statement
The HR Administrator will manage key processes such as HRIS entry, implementing and administering HR best practices, policy recommendation and implementation, new hire paperwork processing, employee files, regulatory compliance, benefits administration, HR recordkeeping, payroll oversight, and other administrative duties as assigned by the General Manager .
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in business or human resources preferred. Any similar combination of education and experience.
· 2 to 3 years’ experience in HR, with a focus on HR Generalist and benefits administration, recruiting.
· Solid technology skills; the willingness to play a key role in learning new software; proficient with Excel and Word
· ADP software experience is a plus.
· Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
· Experience with Manufacturing desired.
· Exceptional detail orientation and accuracy regarding employee records, paperwork and compliance.
· Strong interpersonal skills essential, demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and build trusted and positive employee relations.
· Strong organizational skills with a keen ability to prioritize, multi-task, and adhere to established deadlines.
Physical Demands & Work Conditions:
Standard office setting; exposure to computer screens. When travelling to the Plant, may be exposed to working both indoors and outdoors; in a food processing plant with a high noise level, storage coolers/facilities and working around processing plant equipment, farm equipment, and transport trucks. Sufficient mobility to work in an office setting; stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; operate office equipment including use of a computer keyboard. See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents. Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
· Maintains and updates Human Resources Information System (HRIS) employee files with new and changing information; ensures accuracy and integrity of information.
· Responsible for processing payroll on a weekly and semi-monthly run.
· Assists with all payroll inquiries.
· Performs benefits administration including enrollment, determining eligibility, claims resolution, invoice reconciliation, communicating benefit information for group benefit plans including 401(k) retirement plans
· Processes all new hire paperwork as well as employee changes. Maintains and updates employee files.
· Coordinates recruitment efforts, writes and places job postings; pre-hire substance screening and background checks.
· Partners with hiring manager to perform pre-screening and telephone interviews as needed and scheduling of face to face interviews with on site manager.
· Assists with new hire orientation; ensure all new hire documents are properly completed and submitted by established deadlines.
· Conducts or coordinates new employee benefits orientations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions.
· Processes and administers leave of absence requests and disability paperwork. Effectively interpret FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
· First point of contact for employees with respect to resolving issues and general employee relations.
· Identify and recommend policies and stay current with all federal and multi-state regulatory requirements (i.e. FMLA, ADA, FLSA, ACA, OSHA)
· Maintains and updates variety of employee files in compliance with applicable legal requirements, by filing papers/documents in appropriate employee files; perform paper and system audits as necessary.
· Coordinates worker’s compensation claims with carrier.
· Responsible for completing travel arrangements for company personnel and training event registrations.
· Willingness to travel approximately 25%.
· Other duties as assigned.
Local Employment Laws