Driven by its mission to advance global access to low-carbon, dispatchable energy, EtaGen has developed a new category of power generation — the linear generator — that delivers on-site, 24/7, fuel-flexible power at a lower cost than the electric grid.
EtaGen's linear generators unlock the full potential of distributed power, using natural gas or biogas to deliver electricity to commercial and industrial buildings, campuses, smart cities and the utility grid. EtaGen will begin customer installations in 2019, targeting the $750B global electricity equipment market.
Based in Menlo Park, Calif., EtaGen is backed by top-tier venture and strategic investors such as Khosla Ventures, Bill Gates, American Electric Power, and Centrica Innovations.
We are searching for highly motivated, technically competent, and mechanically inclined individuals to join our growing production team. In this position you will play a key role in producing the components and assemblies that make up our unique generators. You will work within our newly established Pilot Manufacturing facility in Menlo Park, collaborating with our highly talented team of mechanics and engineers to bring affordable, dispatchable and clean energy to the world.
- Work with a quick-learning build and test team to help develop the next generation of high efficiency generators
- Build components and assemblies that make up our generators in accordance with procedures and build checklists in order to meet the production schedule
- Collaborate with engineers to fix, repair, and redesign components and assemblies
- Conduct mechanical inspections of test units, documenting condition information for use by our engineers
- Identify with coworkers opportunities to improve safety and productivity
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with mechanical assembly and/or repair. Experience with automotive or heavy equipment assembly a plus
- Ability to learn quickly, is self-motivated and safety oriented
- Experience with precision measuring, down to .001”, using micrometers, bore gauges, gauge blocks, etc.
- Candidates must be able to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 50 lbs., and wear required PPE
- Metal fabrication skills a plus