Leadership and Teamwork
• Work in a team environment with other engineering, production, quality and test, materials control, contract management, and sales departments.
• Preparation of documents as needed based on interviews with customers and the mechanical, electrical, and software engineers
• Develop project plans and schedules for development work.
• Report on progress, demonstrations, and changes
• Provide detailed documentation for engineering release
• Ability to analyze complex data and present to management and engineers in understandable discussions
• This requires a strong technical and social aptitude for written and verbal communication
• Identify obstructions and issues early to Project Managers and Management.
• Plan with System Engineering Manager and V.P. of Operations and Systems methods for long term Systems Group sales growth and cost reductions with improved quality.
• Complete pre-sale conceptual design, schedule, and cost estimation of software, electrical, and mechanical for semi-automated and fully automated industrial processing workstations developed from communication with customers and Sales, Systems Engineering Services, and Systems Project Management resources.
• Implement HMI and GUI integration for system operation, motion control, laser control, resistance welder control, machine vision (Cognex), data collection and analysis, file management, and networking capabilities.
• Develop Structured, re-useable low-level and high-level motion control system code for Delta-Tau, Aerotech, Allen Bradley, and similar motion systems implementing controls and I/O functions.
• This requires a strong background in motion control and S.T.E.M.
• Implement manufacturing floor automation connectivity software including LAN, database, and other standard interfaces and protocols
• Provide support for system acceptance testing conducted by Project Managers
• Complete electrical engineering design and troubleshooting support as needed.
• Supply mechanical design suggestions for robust operation to mechanical engineers for detailed design implementation.
• Create Software Design Specifications (SDS) and Hardware Design Specifications (HDS) based on User Requirements Specifications (URS), purchase orders, quotations, sales orders, and any additional compliance documents.
• Build, develop, and evaluate prototypes for automation and control systems based on detailed SDS and HDS.
• Lead engineering discussions with Software Controls Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, and Electrical Controls Engineers to swift solutions for system sales order.
• Develop laser optics path and vibration isolation designs with input from Applications and Advanced Technology Departments and customer application results.
• Directly responsible for ensuring continuous Systems robotics, vision, motion control, and pick & place improvements.
• Experienced in kaizen methods applied to engineering and controls is a plus.
• Knowledgeable in software design tools and environments including: .NET, Visual C++, C#, current Experience in C# is a plus. Fundamental background in Software Engineering.
• Four year degree in computer science, engineering, physics, or related discipline required. Masters Electrical engineering, Automation or Control Engineering preferred.
• 8 years+ experience in designing custom motion control, HMI, robotics, pick & place, and hardware for automated control systems.
• 3 years+ experience in designing custom machine vision applications preferred.
• Experience with lasers and optics helpful
• Electrical engineering design experience; Solidworks Electrical is a plus.
• Proven record of staying at the leading edge of technology to provide solutions that are leading edge and cost effective.
• Excellent time management skills and follow-though with ability to accomplish day-to-day tasks while continuing to make progress, and bring to completion, longer term projects.
• Preferred applicants will have experience in DLL generation for selected software-controllable systems components such as: data acquisition and controls, motion controllers, visions systems, lasers, data collection and report generators.
• Strong background in S.T.E.M.
• Advanced understanding of mathematics, statistics, and engineering required
• All aspects of work must consider discretion and confidentiality of data and proprietary technology of customers, AMYA, and other third parties.
• Ability to travel occasionally
• QUALITY FIRST ATTITUDE