Service Technician (Heavy Equipment)
Erb Equipment Company, celebrating 75 years of offering John Deere construction equipment, parts, and service, seeks a heavy equipment Service Technician for our Mt. Vernon, IL location. Responsibilities include accurately diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining various heavy construction equipment, engines, and machinery. Qualified candidates should have 1+ years experience as a mechanic within the agricultural, construction, or heavy equipment industry, and/or trade school education. Candidates should be knowledgeable of computer diagnostics, safety-conscious, and eager to participate in training programs. We offer competitive wages and benefits in a good working environment.
Send resume to:
Email blocked - click to apply
The Service Technician works in Erb Equipment shops or at a customer’s job site/location and is responsible for diagnosing construction equipment repair needs and performing the repairs in a safe and efficient manner.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Diagnoses construction equipment repair needs and performs designated repairs on customer or company-owned machines as directed.
2. Performs mechanical skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic troubleshooting.
3. Performs preventive maintenance and general equipment upkeep.
4. Uses diagnostic laptop computers, gauges, and instruments in all machine systems. Occasional operation of machine in the determination of repair need or repair assessment may occur.
5. Complies with all OSHA and Erb Equipment Safety and Health rules.
6. Participates in training programs and pursues certification levels in equipment repair.
7. All other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or Senior Management.
1. High School Diploma or equivalency required; trade/vocational school education strongly preferred.
2. 1+ years experience in Heavy Industrial Equipment/Agricultural Equipment repair required.
3. Proficiency with computers and diagnostic systems preferred.