****NEW JOB ALERT****
The Metal Fabricator will be responsible for permanently joining metal parts using high heat application to form a permanent bond. The Metal Fabricator will perform his/her job in a way that supports the Company’s commitment to safety in the work environment and execute tasks that support the company’s mission, vision and values.
• Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications
• Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies
• Cuts work pieces using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife
• Removes rough spots from work pieces using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper
• Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
• Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations
• Develops templates and other work aids to hold and align parts
• Determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques
The Metal Fabricator acts within company policy and will do whatever is required to carry out effectively the operational goals However, without the approval of the Operations Manager may not:
• Change or revise established policies, procedures and controls.
• Engage personally in outside business that could conflict with the company’s interests.
• Enter into a relationship with any employee, which may have, or appear to have, an adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out responsibilities of the job.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
• Organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong team orientation skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
• Passion for providing excellent service and quality
• Welding Experience a plus: TIG and ARC
• High School Diploma or GED is preferred
• 2 - 5 years of experience in a like or similar position
• Demonstrates initiative and follow-through
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and determine task priorities
• Organizational and personnel management skills
• Forklift certification preferred
• Must be able to continuously see. Must be able to frequently stand, walk, view computer monitors, give & receive oral communication, bend, squat, reach above shoulder level, and discern color. Must be able to occasionally sit, drive and make fine discriminations in sound.
• Must be able to regularly lift 60 lbs. and occasionally lift/carry up to 100 lbs.
• Must be able to do repetitive simple grasping, fine manipulation, and pushing & pulling on a frequent basis.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and drive to and from work locations.
• Must be able to travel as required for company business.
Please submit all resumes to Robin.Battle@Expresspros.com