SEC Reporting Manager
Our client, a publicly traded manufacturer in Broward County is in need of an SEC Reporting Manager. The need is immediate on an interim/ advisory baises. The SEC Reporting Manager will be reporting to the Director of SEC Reporting. The SEC Reporting Manager responsibilities and requirements are listed below.
SEC Reporting Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage preparation of SEC filings, including Annual Form 10-K, Quarterly Form 10-Q
- Preparation of MD&A section and all the footnotes to the financial statements
- Detailed review of the financial statements disclosures
- Handle the tie-out information for notes to the financial statements
- Completion of disclosure controls related to internal control over financial reporting
- Coordinates various monthly and quarterly reporting activities
- Oversee acquisitions and divestitures, restructuring analysis, and defined benefit plans
- Manage derivative financial instruments review, monthly cash reports and other analyses
- Interact with auditors and actuaries for preparation of the regulatory filings
- Monitors regulatory developments with regard to proposed and current SEC rules
- Handle FASB pronouncements and other relevant promulgation
- Research GAAP literature to analyze technical accounting issues and develop solutions
SEC Reporting Manager Requirements:
- B.A/B.S. in Accounting, 5+ years of accounting experience in external reporting
- CPA or CMA (Required)
- Public Accounting experience preferred, with public company clients
- Possess technical expertise related to GAAP and external reporting
- Experience with SEC reporting, business combinations, and pension accounting
- Experience with intangible assets, revenue recognition and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Familiar with technical accounting memorandums, complex issues and pronouncements
- Ability to manage competing priorities with deadlines
- SAP/BPC experience a plus
If you or anyone you know is interested and qualified, please apply!
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Brilliant™ Management Resources provides interim, bridge, and project resources with mid and senior level expertise in the areas of accounting, finance, tax, audit, and financial systems.
View the full profile
Brilliant Management Resources are proven leaders in their fields of accounting, tax, finance, and business analytics. With an average of 15 plus years of experience, these industry experts are innovative change makers and collaborative problem solvers, and have all worked in corporate environments over the course of their careers.
Management consulting firms often adhere to strict methodologies and inflexible delivery teams for solving client problems. But what happens when these methodologies don't fit with the infinite varieties of people, systems, and processes in place within an organization? At best, delayed projects and decreased results. At worst these firms will leave a client with a plan, but will not institute lasting change. And without change, you really are back to square one, aren't you?
Brilliant Management Resources has a different philosophy and delivers a return on your investment by providing you with results driven senior level consultants, experts in their fields. You'll benefit from sustainable and autonomous results, and be supported in driving positive, long lasting change.