● Manage all aspects of product quality and food safety throughout company to meet FSMA and GFSI requirements such as HACCP, SQF, FSVP certifications
● Ensure best practice in methods, standards, procedures, and processes are executed throughout the production, lab and facility with regulatory compliance.
● Responsible for all regulatory inspections, internal, and external Quality audits.
● Responsible for developing all policies and procedures including GMP, HACCP, SOP, food safety program, production quality control measures, regulatory requirements, product specifications.
● Ensure QA/QC policy, procedures, and records in place and updated.
● Manage effectively and timely the QA/QC and food safety issues including customer complaints, root cause analysis and corrective actions.
● Report any QC and product quality deviations to his direct supervisor and take immediate actions.
● Assist company’s QA/FS leader to build a companywide quality and safety culture including training program.
● Responsible for all necessary testing, audits, and validate sound record keeping of production and QC data including daily production logs, batch log, raw material and finished product QC testing, and necessary external lab testing.
● Manage Kosher and super Kosher status
● Maintain the customer sampling plan and customer satisfaction.
● Manage QC lab operation.
● Perform other duties required by supervisor.
● Reports to company’s QA/FS leader.
● A BS degree in Microbiology, Food Science, or equivalent field
● Minimum 3-5 years experience in QA/QC, production and hands-on lab testing in food industry.
● Ability to focus and prioritize duties in a rapid changing and high demanding environment.
● SQF practitioner, HACCP, PCQI, FSVP certified
● Must be detailed oriented and computer savvy, Excel and Word. ICON