Job title: Chemical Engineer (Intern)
Location: Monroeville, Pennsylvania 15146
Duration: 12 months (Possible temp to perm)
Shift Hours: 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
The Contract Chemist will be a significant contributor to the success of client's Optical Monomers and Coatings (OMC) business.
The Contract Chemist will assist in the formulation, development, application, and testing of coatings for optical applications.
The Contract Chemist will also assist in laboratory work to address customer-specific technical support issues.
The Contract Chemist will document and report experimental findings help promote and guide progress on various R&D and Technical Service activities.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Solving technical problems through the application of appropriate scientific and experimental methods.
- Applying fundamental chemistry knowledge and conducting laboratory work to accelerate new product development and introduction to customers, including formulation and testing of new optical coatings.
- Product optimization, process development, and qualification testing for prospective customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a related technical field, such as Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Polymer Science, or an Engineering discipline with a strong background in chemistry.
- Experience documenting and communicating research findings and/or performance testing results via detailed technical reports.
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team in a complex, fast-changing, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work safely in a chemical laboratory environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.