To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate and provide the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience and knowledge in the operation of heavy machinery, skid loaders or other associated heavy loading or material-moving equipment preferred.
- Experience in truck loading and unloading, including rail tank car and tanker truck preferred.
- DOT certification preferred.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
WHY WORK FOR POET?
We believe POET stands alone as the most seasoned, accomplished and efficient force in biorefining. People like you made that happen.
With the right mix of creativity, hard work and team play, we can make great things happen for a lot of people. For you, there are many rewards:
- Personal fulfillment -- sharpening your own expertise among the brightest, most seasoned in the industry
- The energy that comes with developing an exploding new industry
- Collaborating with colleagues who know how to get the job done right
- Work that makes a real difference for thousands of people in communities across the country
- Work that has significant global impact in both environmental and economic terms
- A chance to make your mark on more than an industry, but a movement
This kind of responsibility may not be for everyone. If you're ready to take it on, we want to hear from you. This much we can guarantee: At POET, every day brings something new. We hope one of them brings us you.
At POET, we believe in creativity from common sense. For more than two decades, we have had a relentless focus on developing technologies that make ethanol production more efficient. We strive to produce ethanol and other biorefined products with the smallest possible environmental footprint.
Today, we have a network of 27 plants in seven states with a capacity of more than 1.6 billion gallons of ethanol, 9 billion pounds of high protein animal feed and thousands of pounds of bio-based oils and lubricants. POET provides turnkey development, design, engineering, construction, management and marketing services for our plant network.
POET Engineers and scientists have developed technology and processes through rigorous testing at POET’s laboratories and pilot-scale ethanol plant. We have an integrated business model that combines technology development with expertise in construction, operations, risk management and marketing.
As a purpose-driven company, we remain true to our mission to reduce the reliance of the United States on foreign energy, to revitalize global agriculture and to provide a cleaner, affordable alternative to fossil fuels.
POET BIOREFINERY - ALEXANDRIA, IN
POET Biorefining, located near Alexandria, IN began full operations in April 2008. Our state-of-the-art ethanol production facility consumes over 21 million bushels of locally-grown corn to produce 68 million gallons of ethanol annually.
We proudly provide a high performance, environmentally friendly fuel as well as a premium, high-quality Dakota Gold® brand livestock feed for regional, national and international markets.
At POET Biorefining - Alexandria, we are pleased to be part of the Alexandria, IN community, employing approximately 40 people and enhancing the local economy with improved corn prices, value-added markets for farmers, good-paying jobs, and increased local tax revenue.
WHY ALEXANDRIA, IN?
In a community cored by small town values, families are drawn together. In Alexandria, neighbors are friends and family knowing and caring for each other. Even a trip to the supermarket provides an opportunity to visit in this close knit community. Finding time for family is a cherished trait of Alexandria. When living here, enjoy the availability of reasonably priced apartment rentals, one of the strengths of Alexandria. Also, while you can appreciate small town life, the hustle and bustle of the busy city of Indianapolis is merely 45 miles to the northeast. With an opportunity for many jobs, enjoyable recreational activities, and the bond of neighbors, join the community of Alexandria today.