To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Big Cabin / Vinita, OK 74301
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Certified Home Health Aide
Jordan Health Services • Big Cabin / Vinita, OK
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The home health aide is responsible for the timely performance and documentation of personal care service delivery to the patient in accordance with accepted standards of practice and regulatory guidelines. S/he assists the Clinical Team Manager in improving the clinical & financial performance of the location.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & COMPONENT PROPORTIONS:
I. Work Flow Necessary to Ensure Clinical & Financial Success (component proportion: 75%)
1. Embraces and adheres to the use of electronic documentation via the organization’s software solution.
2. Completes assigned Work Flow tasks within timeframes allotted by the Division.
3. Responds to daily patient assignments and responds in accordance with Divisional guidelines when s/he will not be able to accept assignments.
4. Performs and documents home health aide service delivery in accordance with internal policy.
5. Responsible for the submission of all documentation to ensure timely submission of agency billing.
6. Reviews data regarding patient assignments, e.g., Plan of Care, and/or Coordination Notes
prior to service delivery.
7. Submits request for new supply requisitions when a new supply order is needed.
8. Participates in the reporting of abnormal findings to the appropriate healthcare professional, as appropriate.
9. Participates in patient case conferences and documents ongoing Coordination of Care with other members of the healthcare team.
II. QAPI Activities / Home Health Compare Results (component proportion: 10%)
1. Reports and documents Client Complaint & Client Occurrence Events, when appropriate.
2. Participates in the QAPI process of the agency, seeking to identify opportunities for performance improvement.
3. Reports significant patient findings to the RN Casemanager and/or Clinical Team Manager and
collaborates on actions or interventions to be taken.
4. Reports and documents patients infections per internal policy.
III. Program Administration Coordination (component proportion: 15%)
1. Responsible for the appropriate use of agency resources including but not limited to supplies and/or personnel to ensure financial success.
2. Consistently meets staffing productivity standards in accordance with Divisional expectations.
3. Works to maintain positive, collaborative relationships with patients, caregivers, referral sources and/or physicians.
4. Maintains availability at all times during his/her scheduled hours of work, either in person or by telecommunications.
5. Participates in internal staff meetings and training activities, as assigned.
6. Collaborates with members of the marketing team to assist in identifying potential referral sources, and patients appropriate for home care.
7. Performs all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Minimum of one year of experience as an aide or attendant providing personal care services, preferably in a home health, hospital or skilled nursing facility setting.
2. Certification as a Nurse Aide within/by the state of licensure preferred.
II. Skills & Abilities
1. Has a positive attitude and willingness to learn throughout employment.
2. Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
3. Ability to work with both clinical and non-clinical staff members.
4. Willingness to learn and utilize software solution, inclusive of Divisional Work Flow tasks.
5. Must be organized and have the ability to manage multiple tasks & priorities at any given time.
6. Possesses a firm foundation of basic aide skills.
7. Willingness to learn home health regulatory standards related to job-specific duties, including but not limited to: OASIS, Conditions of Participation, State-specific licensing rules, diagnosis coding, and internal policies.
A. Must be capable of passing a competency test prior to assuming duties.
B. Must be willing and able to attend at least twelve (12) hours of in-service training per year.
C. Must have satisfactory references from previous employers.
D. Must be able to pass a background check which may include criminal history check and OIG sanction screening.
E. Must be willing to submit to and be able to pass a random drug screening.
F. Must have a dependable vehicle, a valid driver’s license, and maintain vehicular insurance in accordance with laws of the State.
2. Risk Exposure (bloodborne pathogens)
A. High Risk.
3. Physical Requirements
A. Heavy lifting.
B. Ability to participate in physical activity.
C. Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a regular basis.
D. Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and being involved in physical activity.