Alpha Corporation established in 1979, is a full-service woman-owned firm, providing civil, structural engineering, program and construction management, project controls, and technology services for various building types, transportation and heavy infrastructure projects. We provide services to a broad spectrum of clients, including all levels of government agencies, public and private enterprises / partnerships.
Alpha Corporation’s vision is to be recognized by clients for responsive, innovative and quality services in the building, transportation and infrastructure sectors, and to be the employer of choice for professionals seeking stimulating and rewarding careers.
We are currently recruiting for a Structural Engineer / Manager for either our Dulles, VA or Winchester VA offices.
The Structural Engineer will oversee the vision, planning, execution and success of the Structural Engineering Department across all company offices and clients in order to grow and expand our structural engineering services in line with corporate strategic initiatives. The Structural Engineering Manager will also oversee multiple Project Managers and provide guidance on highly complex projects of various sizes.
The Structural Engineer will be responsible for the following:
· Develop and oversee the implementation of a strategy for growth of the Structural Engineering Department.
· Identify and develop new business opportunities relative to a market or group of clients.
· Establish project fees, revenue projections, and profit margins for the Department.
· Establish financial performance goals and execute that plan to achieve these goals to ensure growth.
· Allocate resources to ensure an efficient, timely, and quality project is provided while achieving profit margin goals.
· Mitigate the effects of deviations to the department’s budget.
· Prepare proposals for large scale or highly complex engineering projects.
· Provide oversight of Structural Engineering Project Managers.
· Supervise and provide technical leadership to engineering Project Managers.
· Responsible for the overall talent development of current and future staff within the Structural Department.
· Interface with project owners, clients, and / or contractors on behalf of Alpha Corporation.
· Perform quality assurance reviews and ensure the quality standards of the Structural Engineering Department are upheld.
· Maintain excellent customer satisfaction levels at all times by timely addressing client concerns.
· Cooperate, participate and encourage the participation of others incorporate and outside professional development programs.
The qualifications for the Structural Engineer role include:
· Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Civil Engineering is required.
· 8 years minimum of demonstrated leadership, project management and client relations experience with an emphasis on vertical structural design.
· 10 years of minimum structural engineering design experience in the private and public sectors with at least 5 years designing buildings over 5 stories in height.
· Strong knowledge of BIM technology and the related Autodesk tools for implementation.
· Strong client management skills coupled with the ability to cultivate existing and new clients and expand business relationships and opportunities.
· Must possess strong project financial and core business management skills with proven ability to grow a profitable business unit.
· Exceptional presentation, oral, and written communication skills are required.
· Prior involvement in professional memberships and related networking organizations.
· Proven track record of performance obtaining new clients and in generating new projects with existing clients.
· Must be a registered professional engineer in at least one of the following and able to obtain by reciprocity: Virginia, Maryland and / or District of Columbia.
Alpha Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for continued professional, educational and personal growth. We strive to offer our employees the opportunity to work on diverse and exciting projects in a collaborative environment. All positions include a competitive benefits package and the opportunity for a stable and rewarding career.
Alpha Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer for minorities, females, veterans, persons with disabilities and an Affirmative Action Employer.
Engineering Design Process