Sample Room Roll
· Maintain the sample room. Organize and maintain samples in effective order. Ensure samples are properly identified and labeled.
· Request and receive sample yardage from production and record appropriate information to enter into inventory records.
· Prepare appropriate “hanging standards” from samples.
· Cut various samples for customers and/or sales, into appropriate size and forward to requesting personnel.
· Prepare appropriate samples from trial runs and retain required yardage.
· Maintain sample inventory. Review products in inventory. Determine usage and/or age of inventory items. Make recommendations to appropriate personnel for the disposition of sample yardage.
Customer Service Roll
· Provide support in Customer Service and Sales department.
· Confer with appropriate personnel to establish priorities for customer orders. Forward non-routine technical product inquires to appropriate personnel. Follow up various leads with personal phone contact.
· Obtain customer requirements for products and forward information to appropriate personnel.
· Respond to various inquires, product samples, product literature, quotes, etc. as requested. Receive customer orders via phone, fax or email. Obtain all information pertaining to the order such as; amount, product, delivery date, credit information etc.
Confer with appropriate personnel to determine product availability.
· Obtain all information pertaining to the order such as amount, specific product, delivery date, credit information etc.
· Confer with appropriate personnel in Production Dye Lab, scheduling and/or shipping to determine product availability. If due dates can’t be met, etc. make alternative arrangements with customer a necessary.
· Establish pricing and discounts for customer within established guidelines.
· Enter required information into MI system to set up orders. Monitor status of orders to ensure customer due dates are met, coordinating necessary arrangements to meet customer requirements.
· Prepare quotes as required and according to established procedures. Refer unusual, on-standard quotations to others for handling.
· Authorize returns of materials and issuance of credit according to established policy. Gather, qualifying and document information from new business opportunities and leads and submit to the Director of New business in compliance with established procedures.
· Maintain and update Customer and related Sales & Marketing department databases: Contact, Sample, Christmas list & Calendar databases etc. Enter Customers data form inquiries, sales leads, website contacts, AFA mailings, industrial exhibitions and shows, market surveys etc. Update information pertaining to customer product request, development request, development requirements, shipping/billing addresses, contacts, sales terms, discount etc.
Perform other similar duties required by responsibility or necessity or as requested by Supervisor.