This is an opportunity to work with an established company who represents some of the best and most well-known brands in the plumbing industry. The position is perfect for someone looking to settle into a challenging and exciting career with growth potential. Some experience is preferred but not required. A positive attitude and a willingness to learn are essential.
Pulley & Associates is a manufacturer's representative in the Plumbing Material Distribution Channel. The company was established in 1977 and is considered an industry leader. This position provides an opportunity to learn our business from experienced team members and offers additional upside opportunities for the right candidate.
Pulley & Associates facilitates sales, marketing and training activities in their territory, encompassing the states of Georgia and Tennessee.
Our mission is to represent a small number of high-quality, high-volume companies to maximize those Companies impact in this dynamic and growing channel.
Pulley & Associates is seeking a candidate to work through our sales training program. During this time the candidates will receive in depth training on our company, our customers, the manufacturers we represent and extensive product knowledge. The goal is to give you the tools needed to excel in your sales territory. The sales representative will be responsible for the daily service of the product lines we represent.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual must be proficient in their organization, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills. Knowledge of the organization's policies, including account management, scheduling, customer support and service, product knowledge and pricing, sales support and records management, are essential.
• Base salary commensurate with experience
• Annual Sales Incentive Plan tied to business unit and individual goal attainment
• Health benefits
• Paid vacations and Holidays
• Expense account for travel
• 401K / Profit sharing
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
4-year college degree preferred combined with 1-2 years selling experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience selling into plumbing wholesale industry, home center/DIY experience strongly preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Job Type: This full-time position is in Memphis, Tennessee. The ideal candidate will service plumbing distributors, plumbers, builders, architects/engineers and designers in the Memphis and Jackson, Tennessee markets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Understands the company's vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
• Manage assigned customers, with focus on profitable growth.
• Expand market share with assigned accounts in all product categories.
• Provides outstanding customer service and post sales satisfaction, facilitating long-term relationships for repeat business.
• Ability to execute product and program introductions. This includes understanding customer needs, inventory implications, display development and customer profitability
• Effectively communicating competitive product and pricing information
• Identifies new sales opportunities with new and existing customers.
• Improves profitability, product penetration and product mix with all customers.
• Must be self-disciplined, have a positive attitude and be a quick learner.
• Communicates value proposition to customers. Proposes sales solutions to customers and reevaluates solutions where necessary.
• Closes sales opportunities by gaining purchase orders and executing all order fulfillment procedures.
• Team player.
• Drive for results.
• Problem solving.
• Action oriented.
• Functional technical skills.
• Must be willing to travel (overnight as needed).
• Knowledge of plumbing principles and products a plus.
• Goal oriented.
• Willingness to learn product information and transfer knowledge to customers.
- Account Management
- Customer Demand Planning
- Customer Service
- Customer Value Proposition