Job Title: Controls Engineer
KYB Americas Corporation, a subsidiary of one of the world's largest manufacturers of shocks, struts and hydraulic components, and a global leader in ride control technology for both OEM and Auto Care (Aftermarket) industries, is growing and we’re seeking a Controls Engineer to join our team!
If you are interested in a growing, fast-paced, collaborative company with lots of opportunity and a company who understands the importance of work / life balance, KYB Americas Corporation is the place for you!
Purpose of Position/Summary:
The Controls Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, installing and managing equipment which is used to monitor and control machinery and processes.
· Complete project management for the designing, specifying, setting up, improving and programming of automated assembly lines, automated equipment and controls;
· Develop and maintain systems and records in accordance with TS 16949;
· Communicate with outside vendors and control supply partners for the purpose of troubleshooting and defining processes;
· Data collection from machinery, equipment, and automation;
· Maintain and update electrical, mechanical, and programming documentation;
· Develop program specific manufacturing technical specifications to ensure that equipment meets business requirements. (Utilizes standard components, maintainable, cost effective, flexible, easy to use, support integration with controls and business systems infrastructure);
· New program rationalization;
· Confers with appropriate management to resolve complex problems;
· Design or modify tools required to produce parts to specification;
· Specify the number and kind of machine tools used, fixtures and gauges;
· Work with minimum instruction, as innovation is key;
· Respond to manufacturing difficulties;
· Program machines to prevent production of non-conforming product, cycle time improvement and elimination of short stops;
· Introduction of new technologies to poke yoke processes;
· Troubleshoot and coordinate activities of maintenance and production personnel;
· Continuous improvements to production processes;
· Develop and implement process control techniques and procedures;
· Support the design and development of manufacturing processes, new product launch, and related fixtures and tooling that are consistent with zero defect and low product cost;
· Create and maintain accurate process documentation;
· Provide engineering support to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems;
· Support company policies and procedures, goals and objectives;
· Assure effective communication with all parties;
· Other duties assigned by supervisor or manager on an as needed basis.
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, or related field, is required from an accredited institution. 4-6 years of related experience may substitute for a college diploma. This position requires strong electrical aptitude. Implementation, maintenance, programming, specification, calibration, and troubleshooting experience preferred. This position requires strong PLC/HMI programming background. This position requires the ability to write, modify, and troubleshoot ladder logic. Extensive experience with Omron in conjunction with Fanuc robots is preferred. This position also requires the ability to work in a cross-functional team. This position requires proficient computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office products and AutoCAD.
KYB Corporation produces a variety of ride control, hydraulic, and electronic products for use as original equipment and replacement parts in automobiles, motorcycles, trucks, specialty vehicles, buses, aircraft, railroad cars, industrial applications, agricultural applications, and civil engineering projects. Our global headquarters are located in Tokyo, Japan, and we have facilities in Asia, the United States, Central and South Americas, and Europe.
KYB Americas Corporation, headquartered in Franklin, IN, is a producer of shocks and struts for several Japanese OEM’s, such as Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Subaru and Mitsubishi, as well as, producing product for the Aftermarket business.
Website: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Controls Engineer
Company Size: 501-1000 employees
***NO AGENCIES PLEASE***
KYB Americas Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Programmable Logic Controllers
Human Computer Interaction
Complex Problem Solving