Department: State Operations and Programs
Reports to: Programs Supervisor
Location: Candidate will work in Peoria/Bloomington/Normal Markets
Position Overview: The Employment Consultant develops relationships with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and employers and works to create and ensure the long-term success of integrated employment arrangements. Employment opportunities are crafted with both the aspirations and support needs of the participants, and the needs of the employer to ensure mutual compatibility and sustainability. Employment Consultants must comply with all state and federal regulations regarding reporting, certification, and health and safety, and must maintain an active awareness of and willingness to advocate for the well being of all participants.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Develops relationships with parents, communities, schools, and other agencies to educate them about Best Buddies Jobs and identify potential participants
· Develops and maintains relationships with government agencies to obtain participant referrals
· Assumes full responsibility for a caseload of employed participants, including documenting all services and communications in participant case records
· Provides job coaching, including performing initial task analysis, training participants on-the-job, visiting participants' job sites regularly, and providing follow-along services to employed and stabilized individuals
· Stays in regular communication with employers/supervisors and advocates for participants' rights to equal treatment and pay from employers while also encouraging self-advocacy and maintaining positive employer-employee relations
· Provides participants with travel training and/or assistance with transportation services
· Makes sound decisions about participants' welfare on the job site, and follows all established health and safety guidelines to ensure the health and safety of all participants
· Maintains positive relationships with families, support coordinators, and referral sources
· Conducts Individual Written Program Plan (IWPP) with participants and monitors progress toward stated benchmarks
· Provides participants and their families assistance in dealing with social security issues, including explanation of work incentives such as Impairment Related Work Expense (I.R.W.E.) and Plan Achieve Self Support (P.A.S.S.)
· Performs intakes for referred persons
· Attends trainings as needed to maintain required certifications per state regulating agency
· Works collaboratively with team to identify opportunities for additional positions at current job sites and in the community.
· Works with State Director and/or supervisor to increase awareness of Best Buddies through local marketing, public speaking and fundraising activities as directed.
· Contributes content and images for updates to state website
· Engages program participants in Best Buddies Day/Month activities
· Completes required paperwork in a timely and organized manner, including but not limited to monthly folders, annual reviews, and all reports required by local funding agencies
· Completes required case file documentation and ensures SET-Works (Jobs Management System) is up to date and accurate.
· Collaborates with supervisor to ensure that all required billing is completed accurately and in a timely manner