Are you driven by winning new business opportunities and solving complex customer problems in the Federal IT services and solutions industry? If so, continue reading! We grew our revenue last year by over 40% and are on track for substantial growth this year. We are seeking a Business Development Manager, Federal Civilian with a passion for building new business in support of federal civilian customers to join our team.
This role will focus heavily on developing new business relationships, as well as leveraging existing relationships, in support of civilian agency customers. Your success will be determined by your ability to develop and execute capture strategies for pursuing federal IT services and solutions solicitations. Reporting to the Executive Vice President, you will be accountable for successfully executing winning business development strategies. The successful candidate will have existing executive and senior management level relationships within federal civilian agencies as well as with industry teaming partners, positioning Catapult Federal Services for growth in target civilian agencies.
As a key participant in proposal responses, you will support the development of proposal strategies, win themes, and proposal content. Strong leadership and organizational skills are needed to cultivate, build and maintain customer relationships, both internally and externally.
About Catapult Federal Services:
Catapult Federal Services, LLC is focused on providing professional services and technical solutions to federal agency customers and industry partners. We serve as a collaborative, mission enabling partner; optimizing service delivery for the public sector with agile and scalable solutions designed to reduce operational risk and advance mission success. We provide expertise in the following areas: Cloud Services, Data Management, Application Services, Enterprise Infrastructure, Systems Engineering, Health Informatics, Intelligent Automation and Cyber Security. Our Mission Support SME’s provide operational and technical solutions for the Defense, Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Agriculture, Energy and Military and Public Health communities. We understand the importance of prioritizing our customer’s objectives, transforming ordinary business relationships into trusted partnerships.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. EEO/AA Employer Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
- Relationship building and management with federal civilian agencies and federal integrator teaming partners
- Lead the identification and qualification of new IT services and solutions opportunities
- Lead business capture and support proposal development activities
- Identify leads and make initial customer contact, and coordinate the scheduling of management reviews to determine the viability of pursuing opportunities
- Qualify, research, track and develop leads into viable business opportunities; develop business case for pursuing opportunities and forecasts potential revenue; participate in opportunity identification: bid decision to final submission
- Promote and make customers aware of Catapult Federal Services capabilities, pursuing opportunities that are in alignment with our capabilities
- Maintain ongoing relationships with solutions team, delivery team and affiliated companies.
- Lead or support team with competitive intelligence analysis, teaming and solution (technical, management and price)
- Understand risks and critical factors to ensure success in securing or winning business; identify contacts, prime teams and/or teaming partners
- Participate in corporate presentations, client vendor meetings and team initiatives; may act as expert during contract negotiation
- Attend trade shows, industry days, conferences (in person/virtual)
- Work in collaboration with Account Management team, exchanging leads and making introductions our partners existing programs for client support.
- Undertake any additional, related duties as they are assigned by Executive Vice President
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
· Must be a team player and a consistent, dependable performer with an excellent work ethic, flexible “can-do” attitude, and a results-driven commitment to success.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in federal civilian business development - selling information technology services and/or solutions to agency customers and industry partners; a demonstrated track record of winning new business applying a consultative sales approach; knowledge of the federal acquisition process; and ability to develop and follow through on an account plan.
· Must have a hunter sales mentality and be a self-starter
· Demonstrated record of high achievement, e.g. company awards, customer recognition, etc.
· Understanding of Digital Transformation technology to include, but not limited to: Application Services, Cloud, Infrastructure, Data Analytics, Automation, Cyber Security and Systems Engineering
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills (written and oral)
· Extensive knowledge of the federal procurement process
· Full lifecycle proposal development experience
· Experience capturing business using various contract vehicles and collaborating with industry teaming partners
· Ability to participate and present quality oral presentations during the procurement process
· Experience using contract opportunity resources – GovWin, Bloomberg, FedBizOpps, etc.
· Ability to obtain a government security clearance, as needed and based on customer portfolio. Must be a US citizen, candidates will have an extensive background check for specific suitability for a public trust clearance with federal agencies.
- Experience representing SDVOSB, 8(a), HUBZone’s or similar socioeconomic designated businesses.
- Active relationships and participation with relevant Federal industry trade associations
- Active government security clearance
Develop Long Term Relationships
Meet Sales Objectives