Responsibilities: Responsible for properly maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing all plant equipment. Plant equipment includes, but is not limited to, chemical processing, product packaging, and water/wastewater treatment equipment associated with production as well as facilities associated with buildings and infrastructure.
- Maintain and repair all production equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance to production equipment.
- Organize and maintain an organized maintenance shop
- Maintain spare parts inventory list and organize inventory
- Interact with Engineer & Production Team; coordinate jobs/projects on a daily basis
- Review all work orders and complete all required work.
- Make recommendations on equipment replacement.
Monitor and Lead repairs to building & support equipment utilizing specialty contractors as established or justified:
- Equipment, lighting, water usage, fire/ life safety etc…
- Troubleshoot/prepare thorough descriptions of equipment break downs for Plant Engineer
- Make sure all local codes are being followed and inspections are current.
Manage contractors performing repairs and improvements to the facility:
- Create scope of work, receive quotes and manage on a regular basis.
- Call in/guide Contractors to repair break downs to minimize down time
- Prepare Purchase Orders for maintenance vendors, equipment, and parts. Review maintenance contractors work completion
- Track contract maintenance cost
- Recommend and execute preventative maintenance to improve up time.
Assist departments (R&D, Engineering, Front Office and Lab) with mechanical functions:
- Installing new equipment, making repairs and upgrades to existing equipment.
- Ensure that all equipment is in working order and has all required safety systems in place before turning over to production.
- Support the wastewater system operation following established procedures.
Lead the following company programs utilizing external contractors:
- HVAC Maintenance
- Water Cooler Maintenance
- Pest Control Maintenance
- Plant Scale Calibration
- Fork Truck Maintenance
- Boiler Preventative Maintenance
- Air Compressor Preventative Maintenance
Complete and document the following inspections/exercises:
- Monthly Fire Extinguisher, Sprinkler System Inspections; maintain records.
- Must have adhere to and demonstrate safe work practices; wearing required PPE, following safe work practices; and expect same of those working for you.
- Must have a quality mindset and work within an ISO 9001 management system
- Desired to have working experience with the preventative maintenance aspects of an ISO 9001 quality program
- High School diploma (or GED). College degree preferred.
- 15 years maintenance experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Ability to speak, understand, read, and write English
- Ability to be flexible relative to task assignments within this job description
- Willing to accept adaptations to responsibilities/accountabilities including new or additional training
- Possesses manual dexterity and the ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work in plant w/ multiple levels requiring ascending steps/ladders and working on decks/roofs
- Ability to climb ladders, enter confined spaces through existing manways
- Ability to be certified for respirator use
- Ability to operate powered industrial equipment including forklifts and manlifts
- Knowledgeable of industrial manufacturing equipment (piping, pumps, blowers, valves)
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings
- General plumbing knowledge and working experience with pipe fitting and pipe fitting tools
- Working experience with line breaks involving chemicals (acids, bases, flammables)
- General electrical knowledge and working experience with single phase and low voltage control wiring
- General instrument/controls knowledge and ability to pinpoint equipment operational issues to mechanical or electrical or instrument controls so as to reach out to the proper resource.
- Working experience with pneumatics and hydraulics
- Ability to carry company cell phone and troubleshoot repair issues over the phone or in person after hours.
- Professional with sound interpersonal skills who can meet expectations set relative to adherence to Company policies/practices/requirements
- Detail oriented with demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Willing to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Must have a housekeeping mindset and keep work areas organized and clean
- Must audit maintenance worksite conditions routinely to ensure organization and cleanliness
- Able to support after hours repairs.
Comprehensive Benefit Package offered, including: Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescription), Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Voluntary Group Insurance (Life, AD&D, LTD), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), 401(k) Plan, Pension Plan, Paid Vacation, Paid Company Holidays.
Graver Technologies is a Marmon Water / Berkshire Hathaway Company.