Service Center Area Manager
An opening currently exists for the above position servicing the Ft Walton, FL,
Columbia, SC, & Union City, GA Service Centers. This position directs and coordinates activities of subordinate managerial personnel involved in operating Service Centers in an assigned area to produce an efficient and profitable operation. This position reports to the Manager of Service Center Sales and Operations.
Some of the responsibilities of this position are:
Interviews, selects, trains, motivates, manages, and evaluates Service Center
Directs personnel compliance of established company policies, procedures, and standards.
Inspects premises of assigned area stores to ensure adequate security. Ensures compliance with safety ad environmental codes and ordinances.
Reviews financial reports to determine store profitability.
Coordinates sales, promotions, and advertising activities of Service Center
Analyzes marketing potential of new and existing Service Center locations, determines pricing for the location, and recommends new Service Center locations or deletion of existing ones.
Negotiates leases and maintenance for Service Center locations.
Resolves customer complaints and conducts physical inspections of customer warranty claims.
Acquires new products from outside vendors and enters into system.
Functions as liaison between retail accounting department and Service Center
Directs Service Center Managers in inventory control including product mix, ordering, receiving, item numbers, and physical inventory activities.
Service Center Area Manager
Some of the requirements of this position are:
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business preferred.
Sales/customer service experience in metal components and/or roofing products.
5-10-year experience in metal building industry or related business.
2-5 years sales or management experience.
Construction experience preferred.
Experience working with administrative functions such as: inventory control, invoicing records, computer transactions, cash deposits, and material estimates.
- Managing branch operations in area
- Oversee work of area PEC
- Achieve sales revenue targets for each store in each area
- Impact outside area of responsibility
- Create area's work schedules
- Planning in the assigned area
- Conducting extensive travel within area
- Met at all accounts within area of responsibility
- Prepare annual budgets for area vending operations
- Provide managerial support to stores in market area
- Recommend objectives in each area of responsibility
- Execute a strategic growth plan for the business area
- Ensure the locations in designated area
- Lead monthly team meetings with the sales team and area leadership
- Driven performance measures in area of responsibility
- Manage performance measures in area of responsibility
- Provide leadership for employees at all levels within assigned business area
- Manage daily operations of assigned area to meet business goals
- Generating revenue through sales to new partners within a geographic area or market
- Maintain appropriate communications within area of responsibility