To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lawrenceville, GA
- Bandy Rai
- Phone: 847-563-7173
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Quality Control Engineer/Manufacturing/Warehouse Engineer
Horizon Softech Inc. • Lawrenceville, GA
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Quality Control Engineer is responsible for all aspects of plant quality including assuring overall product quality, quality metrics development/analysis/reporting, quality standards and process development. Also, the QC Engineer will coordinate tracking and communication of daily, weekly and monthly KPI performance for facility specific metrics, and actively engage in improvement activities to enhance overall performance. This position will be responsible for leading Continuous Improvement Processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop and maintain SOPs, Work Instructions, Checklists, etc.
- Develop, implement, lead and sustain crucial applicable parts of a standard quality control programs such as (SPC, 6S, ISO, TQM, HACCP, GMP).
- Develop quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses; identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, and verification procedures; monitoring inventories.
- Develop, maintain, and decide validity of all quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Create KPI’s and prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Apply sound systematic problem-solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, communicating, and resolving quality constraints/issues and openly share findings.
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with customers to eliminate recurrence of non‐conformances.
- Drive “Zero Defect” mentality; active involvement in developing solutions to process issues that create scrap/rework.
- Perform process capability studies or special studies necessary to increase control and lower total quality costs.
- Perform internal, periodic audits to assess compliance to standards and to the internal quality system, including investigation, presentation of observations and findings, and reporting.
- Consult with management, production and engineering personnel on better operational/inspection procedures to improve overall efficiency and product yields, including leadership of improvement based projects (process analysis, value stream mapping, process capability and throughput analysis, 6‐Sigma, 5S and Kaizen events).
- Provide "lessons learned" report outs to management for cooperative enlistment of support.
- Works closely and collaboratively with production leadership to promote awareness achieving controlled quality processes and procedures.
- Identify, plan, promote, and organize relevant quality training needs and coordinate the implementation of training delivery to production employees.
- Actively participate in facility safety initiatives.
- Willing and able to travel up to 10% of the time.
· Maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
· Perform other duties and/or responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor of Science degree Engineering (Quality, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical) or other related engineering/technical discipline.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing environment.
· Minimum 3 years of experience with statistical process control and statistical data analysis.
· Minimum 3 years of project management experience.
· Process Engineering or Quality Engineering experience in a production environment preferred.