Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives in the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. As one of the leading firms in the country which specializes in senior level construction employment, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies enabling us access to the great opportunities throughout the Continental U.S.
RealStreet has a great assignment for a Highway Engineer in Maitland, FL. This individual will support our client, a full-service engineering and construction firm providing lasting and integrated solutions in water & environmental resources, transportation, energy and facilities to both public and private clients. In addition to a competitive salary, the position provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays, paid time off, an extensive insurance plan and a 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match (additional benefit details listed below).
The Highway Engineer will support roadway design projects with Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) Districts throughout the state, as well as county and city governments. The Highway Engineer will be responsible for providing statewide roadway design services on numerous projects as well as project management for multiple task work orders.
Additional responsibilities of the Highway Engineer include:
- Preparing design plans using AutoCAD
- Overseeing the costing, estimating, planning and implementation of a project
- Conducting surveys, studies and site investigations
- Providing technical consultations for interdisciplinary analytical studies and analyses
- Developing of baseline set of standards for road design
- Participating in planning, cost development, scheduling and management of assigned projects