To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
200 Corporate Boulevard
Lafayette, LA 70508
- Schumacher Clinical Partners
- Phone: 337-609-4591
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Emergency Department Records Coordinator
Schumacher Clinical Partners • Lafayette, LA
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The purpose of an Emergency Department Records Coordinator (EDRC) is to act as a coordinator for the timely and effective acquisition, detailed review, and reconciliation and processing of patient records necessary to produce a claim form or billing statement. This position is also responsible for building and maintaining positive relationships with key hospital personnel to include Medical Directors, HIM Directors, ED Nurse Manger/Director and providers.
- Obtain daily Emergency Department (ED) log and Emergency Department charts for review and reconciliation.
- Ensure all required documents are included in the ED chart for accurate coding and billing.
- Identify high acuity patient charts according to disposition status or ancillary services ordered.
- Review provider documentation for required elements needed for coding and billing ensuring more detailed review of high acuity charts.
- Identify patient charts that are non-billable and appropriately document on ED log.
- Reconcile patient charts to ED log ensuring all charts have been accounted for.
- Scan/import and transfer all logs and charts within required timeframe.
- Ensure data quality and integrity of all communication and transmissions.
- Return deficient or incomplete patient charts to provider for completion within specified timeline and locate missing patient charts.
- Resolve all outstanding charts within required timeframe.
- Submit Inpatient Emergency Response log and charts within required timeframe.
- Communicate frequently with Medical Records Assistant Manager.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with providers and key hospital personnel.
- Attend and participate in departmental meetings as requested by Medical Director and/or Medical Record Assistant Manager.
- Responsible for obtaining completed Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9) and needed documents.
- Assist in additional projects/requests by Medical Records Assistant Manager, as needed.
- Act as a liaison between ED providers and hospital HIM Departments.
- Assist in additional requests by SG operational teams as approved by Medical Records Assistant Manager.
- Respond to patient inquiries regarding their bills by providing appropriate billing company customer service telephone number.
- Forward all business mail addressed to employer and/or providers, which may include insurance payments or requests for information, to the corporate office immediately.
- Attend required hospital training classes.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous Medical Records and/or Medical Terminology experience preferred.
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills required.
- Computer literate; able to learn software applications required to perform job duties.
- Ability to identify technical issues that arise and contact the appropriate personnel for support.
- Possess the maturity, sophistication and professional demeanor to interface with all levels of management, staff, and providers.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Excellent record of attendance within pre-arranged schedule.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Must also be able to read and interpret procedure manual.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Can interpret a variety of instructions in written and oral form.
- Possess minimum mathematical skills.