E Estimates, calculates, and forecasts labor costs and manpower needs for projects.
· Leads and develops Assistant Superintendent, foreman, lead man and production team members.
· Leads and develops the structural department team.
· Handles various administrative duties such as report writing, performance reviews, responding to email, interviews candidates and form completion.
· Manages team members on use of equipment and/or tools.
· Evaluates team member performance and correct as necessary.
· Complies with requirements of the CBA.
· Manipulate mechanical devices using manual and digital dexterity, and strength to open and close watertight doors that may weigh up to 55 pounds (25 kg).
· Perform visual inspections and surveys that can involve the use of hand tools such as spanners, valve wrenches, hammers, screwdrivers, pliers.
SStructural Ship Superintendent
· Ability to read and interpret blue prints and sketches
· SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, GTAW experience.
· Experience with US Navy Ship repair/NAVSEA regulation required.
· AWS Certification, ABS/NAVSEA Certifications are preferred
· Proficient in Word and Excel
· Extensive knowledge of ship repair processes.
· Knowledge of managing federal contracts.
· Ability to organize and meet deadlines.
· Work requires establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
At NSC our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
· Medical Coverage
· Short- and long-term disability coverage
· Identity Theft Protection
· Legal Assistance
· Long Term Opportunities
· Training and Career Growth Opportunities
· The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.