To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2825 East Barnett Road
Medford, OR 97504
- Chandler White
- Phone: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Supervisor, Clinical Lab
Asante • Medford, OR
Posted 5 days ago
Clinical Lab Supervisor for Microbiology Position Overview
The Clinical Lab Microbiology Supervisor oversees appropriate tests and procedures in the general laboratory while supervising personnel. The supervisor also provides technical advice; maintains effective communication and expectations for all levels of laboratory staff; and assures reliability and timeliness of results.
As the Clinical Lab Supervisor for Microbiology at Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center, you will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in labor forecast planning for Microbiology and assume responsibility for meeting financial and productivity goals
- Assist the Director in overseeing the laboratory employment processes for the department
- Provide staff supervision to ensure excellence in our results and provide opportunities for enriching staff members' work experience
- Contribute towards ensuring quality results are at the core of our job tin providing excellent patient care
- Conduct regular staff meetings to provide information, help explain procedures and policies and offer an opportunity to answer questions, gather input, share problems, and discuss ideas and solutions
- Serve as a liaison between staff and management, presenting staff issues in the management forum and vice versa
- Participate in safety awareness and activities described in Safety Manual and monitored by Laboratory Safety Office
- Contribute to the excellence of our results and the ability to positively affect patient outcomes through teamwork and participation within the Laboratory Management Team
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.M
- Bachelor's degree in general science or related field, from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Staff Medical Technologist in a pathologist directed lab is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of Microbiology science experience required
- Additional experience/training in management and supervision, preferred
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) certified by the ASCP Board of Certification - or equivalent (MT by AMT; HEW/HHS; CLS by CDPH; Medical Lab Specialist by US Military); or Microbiology Specialist by ASCP, is required
Other Required Qualifications
- Must possess an in depth knowledge of clinical laboratory processes and be familiar with different test methodologies and sample requirements
- Self disciplined and organized to achieve quality results along with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team building skills and collaborative
- Ability to communicates clearly and collaboratively with co-workers to enhance daily workflow