Lead Maintenance Job Description: Previous experience in apartments or other related fields.
Managing & or Assisting, directing and organizing the overall maintenance programs of the community. Community Director (or Assistant Community Manager in Community Director 's absence) Non -Non-Exempt
- High ability to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Must be able to direct, motivate, train and develop subordinates.
- General knowledge of building codes and laws applicable to the community (i.e., refrigerant recovery, electrical, plumbing, swimming pools, etc.)
- Minimum of three years on-site experience.
- Must be able to complete assigned tasks with little to no supervision Must possess a valid driver's license.
Special Licenses or Certificates Required: HVAC & or EPA
- Maintains proper level of inventory and submits a requisition for additional supplies to the Community Director on an as needed basis.
- Adheres to and complies with OSHA safety standards.
- Implements and supervise s training program for the use of safety equipment.
- Assists Community Director with community budget and expenditures in all areas of maintenance.
- Works hands-on as required or directed by Community Director to ensure market-ready, occupied and preventative maintenance is performed on a timely basis and to ensure preventative maintenance schedules are followed.
- Obtains bids and interacts with contractors and is knowledgeable of competitive pricing of supplies.
- Complete required service requests within 24 hours.
- Makes appliance repairs, carpet repairs, HVAC repairs and electrical repairs.
- Performs carpentry work, welding, painting and plumbing duties as required.
- Adheres to company key procedures.
- Maintains a clean shop.
- Participates in an ongoing community improvement plan and preventative maintenance program.
- Assists with resident functions as required.
- Must be prompt, on time to work and have good, regular attendance.
- Maintains courteous and helpful demeanor with residents, prospective residents, co-workers, vendors, etc.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have mode of communication with which to be contacted at home and to respond in cases of emergency.
- Acts as a team member with all associates of the management staff.
- Complies with all policies as outlined in the Operations Manual.
- Must be willing to be assigned to other communities as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisors or corporate office.
- Some travel may be required.
Frequently lifts and carries up to 45 pounds.
Occasionally lifts and carries up to 80 pounds.
Pushes and/or pulls appliances using appliance dolly of to 200 pounds
Frequently bends/stoops, climbs stairs, kneels, balances, reaches above shoulder height, walks and twists.
Equipment & Material Used: (Associate will be required to provide own tools)
- A/C gauges and cleaning chemicals
- Welding torch
- Electric power tool
- General hand tools
Immediate positions available!
1. Previous experience in apartment industry or other related fields
2. Have Ability to handle physical workload
3. Deadline and detail-oriented
4. Must have own tools!
5. Able to create Work Orders
4. Leadership Skills