To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
8900 U.S. 14
Crystal Lake, IL 60012
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Director of Financial Aid
McHenry County College • Crystal Lake, IL
Posted 2 months ago
The Director of Financial Aid assists in student enrollment, retention, and success by providing leadership and oversight of the policies, administration, application, award and reporting of all federal, state, and institutional student financial aid programs and scholarships. The Director is responsible for overseeing Financial Aid, Veteran Services, Work Study, scholarships, and building an atmosphere dedicated to providing excellent customer service for students and families. Financial Aid plays a significant role in our focus on increasing student access, success, retention, and graduation. The Director should be familiar with the challenges and barriers that community college students and their families face in preparing for college and is ready to help students overcome the obstacles in their path to postsecondary education.
Reports To: Vice President of Student Affairs
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide leadership, management, and supervision for all student financial aid awarding, verification processes and scholarship programs while maintaining compliance with all federal and state regulations and revise policies and procedures to accommodate changes in federal and state regulations and institutional policies.
· Oversee the administration of federal Title IV, federal Military benefits, state financial aid programs, including institutional scholarships
· Supervise and direct Financial Aid staff and student employees. This involves hiring, training, motivating, managing, and evaluating so the team performs at the highest level possible
· Plan and coordinates Financial Aid Department staff training
· Lead a high impact, student centered, Financial Aid program and coordinate the delivery of services with other campus programs (admissions, assessment, advising, enrollment, etc.) to provide seamless, quality services for students.
· Communicates financial information in a professional and courteous manner to help students and families understand their financial package and accountability to the college
· Direct, prepare, and complete the annual audit; ISAC audit; FISAP, and other state and federal reports; program reviews; Board reports; and annual departmental reports
· Serve as an institutional leader of Financial Aid Compliance by maintaining knowledge, interpretation and implementation of all applicable federal and state financial aid related laws and regulations, including providing training, management of published consumer information and maintenance of departmental policies and procedures
· Maintain knowledge of multiple and ever changing software and web-based programs mandated by state and federal agencies
· Assure reconciliation of all financial aid programs
· Prepare and submit institutional applications to funding agencies
· Support the process of advertising, applying for, and awarding of institutional, foundation and private scholarships
· Ensure the College is in compliance with all applicable federal audit provisions
· Apply federal and state-mandated regulations; complete budgetary requests annually, develop and recommend policies, procedures, and guidelines relative to the Financial Aid Department
· Assist in meeting College/division staff diversity goals
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop and prepare the annual budget for the Financial Aid office; analyze and review budgetary and financial data; control and authorize expenditures in accordance with established limitations
· Develop and maintain a system of data collection and record keeping to be used in reporting and evaluating the financial aid and veteran programs, as well as keep auditable records for each student
· Plan and facilitate monthly department meeting
· Refine and keep current the departmental website on for financial assistance programs, policies, application procedures, and recipient responsibilities
· Support outreach efforts by offering financial aid presentations and workshops
· Support the Coordinator with Return to Title IV funds process
· Manage all financial aid communication documentation
· Be an active member of the MCC Core Team
· Assist with college-wide events such as commencement ceremonies, open houses, etc.
· Work collaboratively with others (e.g. colleagues, stakeholders, vendors) to accomplish functions and responsibilities
· Support and participate in the College's commitment to continuous improvement and the AQIP process of accreditation through appropriate participation in Action Team activities
Assume additional duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION / EXPERIENCE):
· Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in Higher Education, Student Personnel Administration, or related field
· Five years financial aid experience
· Five years supervisory and budget experience
· Strong knowledge of and experience with rules, regulations, procedures, policies, and function of federal and state financial aid programs
· Experience with financial aid awarding procedures
· Extensive experience with computer software used for financial aid processing
· Strong public speaking skills
· Experience with and appreciation of diverse cultures and commitment to multiculturalism
· Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution
· Ten years financial aid experience
· Community college experience
· Ellucian Colleague experience