Become part of a team in a company that was founded to improve “Environmental Sustainability” though technology innovations.
- They have secured funding from many (30+) manufacturing companies that are invested in the success of this program, rather than disinterested venture capitalists or limited government grants.
- The small size of this company will allow you to become a process development expert in sustainable materials and add a nice diversity of skills to your resume.
- They are ahead of other companies when it comes to developing innovative “green” processes in a cost-competitive way. (Many others are developing more costly and less flexible processes.)
The Research Engineer will work under the direction of the Sr Research Engineers, conducting laboratory scale experiments with catalytic reactors. The Research Engineer will also help build and commission new experimental equipment and complete routine chemical analysis utilizing analytical instruments.
- Setup and run reactors and analytical equipment following operating procedures and analytical protocols developed by the Senior Research Engineer and Analytical Chemist.
- Collect process data and prepare data summaries; Observe and report trends, anomalies and unexpected results.
- Assist scientists and engineers in building, assembling, and safely operating laboratory scale reactor systems (similar to petrochemical micro-unit pilot plants).
- Troubleshoot flow reactors and instrumentation/equipment (GCs, MFCs, furnaces, etc.) and perform routine maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Participate in safety reviews and training as needed.
Minimum Background Requested:
We are looking for a Chemical Engineer excited about working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment in a company focused on novel process development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
- Experience in an R&D environment (includes Co-ops, internship, or University Research assistants).
- Mechanical aptitude for building and setting up lab equipment and troubleshooting equipment issues.
- Familiarity with general laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Able to lift 50 lbs and work in a lab environment for extended periods.
- Must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship (now and in the future).
These skills will be valuable but are not firmly required:
- Has run a small pilot plant or micro-unit found in petrochemical R&D. This might for catalyst testing, reactor kinetics studies, small process development pilot plant, etc. Can be either fixed bed or fluid bed units.
- Experience with LabVIEW
All new employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 for the protection of themselves and fellow employees.
- Chemical Engineering