Covenant Health is the region’s top-performing healthcare network with 10 [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Patient Care Assistant, outpatient and specialty [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Patient Care Assistant, and [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Patient Care Assistant, our area’s fastest-growing physician practice division.
Headquartered in Knoxville, Covenant Health is a community-owned, not-for-profit healthcare system and the area’s largest employer. Our more than 10,000 employees, volunteers, and 1,500 affiliated physicians are dedicated to improving the quality of life for the more than one million patients and families we serve every year.
Covenant Health is the only healthcare system in East Tennessee to be named three years in a row by Forbes as One of America’s Best Employers.
Patient Care Assistant-
Full time, Part time and per diem positions available, along with some with variable shifts
Position Summary: Functions as a direct patient caregiver performing tasks to assist registered nurses. Performs hands-on care, assistance with ADL’s and specified technical tasks for a group of patients under the supervision of the Team Leader.
Minimum Education: None Specified; Will accept any combination of formal education and/or prior work experience sufficient to demonstrate possession of the knowledge, skill and ability needed to perform the essential tasks of the job, typically such as would be equivalent to a high school diploma or GED. Preference may be given to individuals possessing a HS diploma or GED.
Minimum Experience: None
Licensure Requirements: CPR required.
- Perform indirect patient care procedures
- Provide and assist with patient care
- Perform periodic patient care rounds, anticipate and meet patient care needs
- Assisting with nursing care of the patient
- Take patient vital signs and record in the patient's record
- Identifying methods of improving patient care
- Take vital signs and records in patient record
- Provide care for patients according to the standards of care
- Provide quality appropriate patient care, utilizing customer service skills throughout the patient care continuum
- Participate in the delivery of patient care
- Deliver quality home care services to the patients
- Assist the team in meeting patient care needs
- Maintaining a clean, organized, safe patient environment and assists with patient care activities such as taking vital signs, feeding, bathing and daily living activities
- Wear gloves that involves contact with body fluids when delivering care
- Take and record vital signs
- Communicate proactively with patient/family members regarding care
- Performing indirect care for residents
- Document basic patient care and procedures on assigned patients utilizing appropriate forms
- Assisting nurses with medical equipment, and checking patient vital signs
- Transporting patients to patient care rooms and / or inpatient rooms
Basic Life Support
Certified Nursing Assistant
Diseases And Disorders
Maintain Patient Confidentiality
Patient Care Technician