To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2950 South Delaware Street
San Mateo, CA 94403
- Sherie Jacobs
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr Manager, SEC Reporting
Freshworks • San Mateo, CA
Posted 2 months ago
SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting - Job Opportunity
Freshworks provides organizations of all sizes with SaaS customer engagement solutions that make it easy for support, sales and marketing professionals to communicate effectively with customers for better service and collaborate with team members to resolve customer issues. The company's products include Freshdesk, Freshservice, Freshsales, Freshcaller, Freshteam, Freshchat, and Freshmarketer. Founded in October 2010, Freshworks Inc. is backed by Accel, Tiger Global Management, CapitalG and Sequoia Capital India. Freshworks' headquarters are located in San Bruno, Calif., with global offices in India, UK, Australia and Germany. The company's cloud-based suite is widely used by over 150,000 businesses around the world including the NHS, Honda, Rightmove, Hugo Boss, Citizens Advice, Toshiba and Cisco.
Freshworks is seeking a Peninsula based Sr. Manager, SEC Reporting to join the Finance and Accounting Group. Reporting to the VP, Corporate Controller, this key position will be responsible for owning the SEC reporting process, SOX compliance and technical accounting for the Company. The position will oversee the external reporting process, including SEC documents and support for review by internal and external stakeholders including external auditors, senior management, legal counsel and audit committee. This position will lead quarter and year-end reporting related to the earnings, including ownership over financial aspects of the earnings reporting and generation of key reports. This position will also help lead the development and implementation of internal controls and preparation of SOX 404 compliance (including implementing the SOX 404 B requirements). In addition, this position will be a key financial role responsible for providing leadership in technical accounting matters across the entire organization and oversee accounting for stock based compensation.
- Lead the preparation of all SEC filings (Form S-1, 10Q, 10K, etc.) including managing the review and approval process of all SEC filings with external auditors, senior management, legal counsel and audit committee. Prepare timelines and meeting materials and distribute draft filings for review.
- Ensure financial statements are in accordance with GAAP guidelines and serve as a subject matter expert on US GAAP;
- Responsible for all technical accounting and disclosures, including research and preparation of technical accounting memos and working with third party consultants as needed to support conclusions
- Responsible for accounting for stock based compensation, including implementing an equity management system and ensuring the integrity of the company’s stock and options data and plans.
- Review Weighted Average Share ownership and Earnings Per Share (EPS) calculations;
- Provide technical accounting support on significant accounting issues and non-routine transactions, including consultations to the Business Development team on M&A and licensing deal structures and accounting considerations.
- Develop accounting policies and advise on operations changes arising from new GAAP and SEC rules;
- Establish, communicate and/or document policies and procedures for the accounting department
- Assist with the evaluation and assessment of design and operating effectiveness of the internal control environment over financial reporting through the performance of process and audit testing
- Lead the company’s XBRL reporting process
- Focus on continual process improvement to increase accuracy and streamline reporting
- Hire, retain, develop, and mentor SEC Reporting team.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Ad hoc projects, analysis and reporting as required by management
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting with CPA license required
- Prior Public accounting / audit experience with Big 4 highly desired
- Strong background with SEC filings (S-1,10K, 10Q, XBRL tagging) required, prior IPO experience (S-1 filings, etc.) considered a plus
- Strong understanding and application of GAAP and financial reporting requirements including financial statements and financial statement footnotes
- Experience researching and documenting accounting treatment for various transactions, including complex accounting concepts required
- Experience with public company stock administration and expense reporting
- A minimum of 8+ years of progressive relevant experience including experience working in industry; SAAS experience valued but not a requirement
- Understands the criticality of SOX compliance requirements and/or has experience designing, monitoring, and evaluating internal controls and SOX compliance in a biotechnology organization
- Process-oriented, ability to work with others, and lead and affect process change and improvements
- Big 4 public accounting experience is highly desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
A qualified candidate will also possess:
- Strong communication and critical-thinking skills, and the ability to work cross-functionally with various levels of personnel across the organization. This person must be able to work comfortably in a fast paced, unpredictable environment where changing priorities may occur frequently based on operational needs.
- Ability to understand issues, demonstrate resourcefulness and proactively resolve problems and manage multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities and effectively meet deadlines.
- Excellent planning and problem solving skills with the ability to work in a fast paced and limited resource environment.
- Strong communication skills including providing guidance to international teams, drafting accounting memos and explaining areas of responsibility to internal and external audit teams.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people.
- Adapt to non-routine and fast paced environment.
Freshworks offers competitive salary, stock options and benefits package.
***This role is located at our US Headquarters in San Mateo, CA.***