Atherton & Associates, LLP – Modesto, CA 95350
Located in Modesto, California, Atherton & Associates, LLP is a quality firm founded more than 50 years ago with a strong commitment to providing the highest possible level of service to our clients. We provide a wide variety of services for our clients that include tax planning and preparation, estate planning, accounting and auditing and general business advisory services. The many large and small family-owned businesses that we serve include the agriculture, food processing, cooperative, real estate, transportation, manufacturing, warehousing, medical industries, and professional services.
As one of the largest CPA & consulting firms in the San Joaquin Valley, Atherton & Associates, LLP also has the ability and resources to tackle the most complex business situations. We enhanced those abilities in 2003 by joining the RSM US Alliance. This affiliation gives us access to a full range of national and international capabilities and it also assists us in providing our employees continuing professional education while assisting them with short and long- term career goals.
As a member of the RSM US Alliance, an association of top public accounting firms, Atherton & Associates has access to more than 7,000 accounting professionals in 70 different countries – a level of expertise once only available at select national firms. No matter what situation our clients may encounter, Atherton & Associates, LLP can provide the expert advice they may need.
Atherton & Associates, LLP is seeking a self-motivated, client-focused individual to join our team as a Tax Manager to help us continue to provide the excellent client service that we are known for.
● Bachelor’s degree, preferred concentration in Business Administration or Accounting. Master’s degree is a plus.
● CPA license in the State of California.
● Seven or more years of experience in tax preparation (individual, corporate & Partnership).
● Supervisory experience with staff in planning, performing and completing tax engagements.
● Strong technology skills and proficiency with all aspects of Microsoft Office. Experience with ProSystem fx and CaseWare is a plus.
● Develop professional relationships with clients and gains their respect and confidence by consistently delivering excellent work product and providing exceptional client service, including planning and consulting. In Summary, becoming the trusted advisor that clients seek.
● Passionate about developing associates and senior associates through delegation and training.
● Ability to lead, prioritize, thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
● Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
● Superior client service with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously (multi-task).
● Has a strong conviction and holds to the Firm’s core values of integrity, commitment, excellence, innovation and teamwork.
Roles & Responsibilities:
● Reviews research findings, work papers, formulates conclusions consistent with the Firm’s policies and professional standards, and determines implications and best course of action for the client.
● Acts as a forward-thinking change agent, helps client see direction of industry trends and how to evolve their business.
● Serves as a frontline consultant to client under direction of Partners.
● Develop specialized expertise in one or more subject matter areas.
● Manages production of quality deliverables on time, in scope and within budget.
● Understands what is important to the client and how to maximize the relationship.
● Engages, motivates and provides timely feedback to team members.
● Delegates work effectively to ensure deadlines are met.
● Dedicates time to coaching others through on-the-job training.
● Develops relationships to produce new business.
● Holds a position of leadership in a community, business or professional organization.
● Builds and leverages strong internal/external networks to offer clients the Firm’s full basket of services.
● Serves a supporting role in marketing programs and campaigns.
● Able to work extended hours as needed.
Competitive salary, Incentive Compensation Plan, Cafeteria Plan which includes 401K Plan, Health, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance, Medical and Daycare Reimbursement Plans.