Looking for a Front End Software Engineering role where you can write great code AND make a difference to the world?
Level Access helps companies design and enhance their digital systems - including websites, web applications, software, and hardware - so they are usable by people with disabilities. Level Access's flagship product offering, AMP (Accessibility Management Platform), is the industry standard for managing accessibility - and that's where YOU come in.
We are hiring a front end team to build a suite of single page applications, browser extensions, and other development centric tools for testing and remediating accessibility issues. We leverage React, Chart.js, Sass, and other UI tools to deliver cutting edge applications and data visualizations to our clients. We are looking for engineers of all levels to join one of our growing scrum teams in Northern Virginia.
- 5+ years of extensive experience with HTML5 and CSS
- 3+ years of extensive experience with React or similar
- 3+ years of extensive experience working in a SaaS environment
- 3+ years of building single page applications based on RESTful APIs
Bonus Point Experiences
- Demonstrable "Full Stack" experience
- Demonstrable experience using
- Git / Gitflow / Bitbucket
- Jira & Confluence
- AWS: Kinesis, Glue, Lambda, ElasticSearch, SQS
- Experience working in a "Product" organization rather than just contracting or working on in-house projects.
- Experience with Web Application Security / OWASP best practices.
- Experience with accessible web design including Section 508 and WCAG
- Self-Starter - Looking for candidates who can jump in quickly and take ownership of features.
- Ability to look at the big picture: we're a collaborative small team and expect you to look at the big picture, and proactively anticipate problems, interact with other departments and clients, and come up with solutions.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, MIS or a related technical field is a positive, as is intensive job training programs or certifications.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time, salaried position with a competitive benefits package. It is being offered in the Vienna,VA office. If working on a small team of high impact developers sounds like something you'd enjoy, send us your resume and cover letter. If you seem like a good fit we'll be in touch.
Level Access is committed to workforce diversity. Equal Opportunity Employer. Copyright 2019, Level Access. All rights reserved.
- Lead our front end development. Work with Technology Leadership to define and implement our UI strategy and development standards.
- Write beautiful test-driven code. Of course. You are a software engineer and we value quality code backed by unit tests.
- Participate actively in Scrum. Work with Product Management and QA daily to flesh out stories and track your commitments.
- Improve accessibility. We work hard to deliver accessible solutions and enhance libraries we rely on for accessibility, too.
- Collaborate. We have internal and external clients with differing needs. We expect team members to reach out and build relationships inside the company to better understand our market.
- Learn. We expect team members to keep up to date on new technologies, standards, and industry trends so we can continue to be market leaders.
Amazon Web Services
Cascading Style Sheets (Css)