To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1514 Sheridan Road
Lake Villa, Woodstock, and North Chicago,IL 60064
- Phone:: 8473560289
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Allendale Association • Lake Villa, Woodstock, and North Chicago,IL
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
For over 120 years, our mission has been dedicated to helping children and families overcome the overwhelming impact of severe emotional and behavior issues and trauma through services and programs that create opportunities for children to learn, grow and heal.
We are seeking full time, Teacher’s Aides located in Lake Villa, Woodstock, and North Chicago, Illinois to under the direct supervision of Teaching staff and Teacher Aide III staff, provide assistance in all aspects of classroom management to ensure an environment of quality learning for the students.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, continuous training, and an education assistance program within an environment that promotes professional growth and learning.
· Assists teachers in implementing individual teaching plans for students in areas of small group and one-on-one instruction.
· Provides direct care and supervision of residents in cottage program areas during the morning routine and at other times as appropriate.
· Administers medication and follows medical procedures for residents as directed by the Health Services Coordinator.
· Assists Teaching and Recreation staff in providing basic instruction in ancillary subjects to students in areas such as music, art, physical education etc.
· Assists in the preparation of instructional materials and bulletin board displays.
· Assists in presenting written program reports on students and communicating these reports to other staff at appropriate times.
· Provides assistance and support in the implementation of classroom management and reinforcement systems which are congruent with all other program areas. This includes ability to physically restrain acting out students per safety and behavior management standards.
· Assists in the planning, implementation and supervision of residents in recreation activities during school vacations and holidays.
· Transports youth to prescribed off-campus sites.
· Participates in cottage team meetings, school program planning sessions, resident meetings and Agency In-Service Training Programs.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Special Education or 5 years equivalent experience.
· Paraprofessional certification.
· Demonstrated proficiency in skills for basic math, reading, language arts and other core academic subject areas.
· Valid Driver’s License and good driving record.
· Must be at least 21 years of age.
Job type: Full time
Location: Lake Villa, IL; North Chicago, IL; Woodstock, IL
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
All employment is contingent on an educational, motor vehicle, and criminal background check.
Connect with us on Facebook ( The Allendale Association), Twitter (@Allendale1),
and LinkedIn ( Allendale Association)Related search terms: Education ,Teaching, Teacher, LBSI, Special Education, SPED, Therapeutic Day School, Child Care, Work with children, Kids, Direct Care, Social Services, Social Work, Human Services, Children, Family, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Crisis Intervention, Psychology, Non-profit, Children, Family , Kids, Sociology