Under supervision, the Front Desk Agent is responsible for providing the highest level of guest satisfaction to members, owners and guests to ensure the continuous delivery of hospitality, professionalism, and consistency. The Front Desk Agent checks in and check outs guests, makes room reservations, and performs Front Desk related functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure proper standards of hospitality are provided to all members, owners, and guests on property and/or via telephone.
- Ensure all pending arrival information is accurate (i.e. check rates and prepare upcoming arrival packets with necessary materials and information).
- Check in/check out arriving/departing members, owners, and guests, makes room reservations, and performs Front Desk related functions.
- Follow through on member, owner, and guest requests and/or concerns in a timely manner.
- Verify member, owner, and guest information (i.e. for additional keys, telephone calls, and packages).
- Compute billing charges, collect payments and provide change.
- Post charges as received through other departments (i.e. fitness center, housekeeping, logo shop, and laundry).
- Answer the telephone with proper etiquette and transfer calls accordingly.
- Communicate with all internal departments including PBX, housekeeping, engineering, and security.
- Complete Front Desk Agent checklist daily.
- Reconcile end of the day shift report.
- Maintain necessary hard copies of paperwork of all daily operations and file.
- Complete special projects, stocking, list items to be ordered, and daily bucket checks.
- Completes all required Company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- No prior experience or training required.
- No prior supervisory experience required.
- This position does not include any supervisory responsibilities.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
- This position does not require licenses or certifications.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to change.
- Recognizes an emergency situation and take appropriate action.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.